Share | 

4th Assignment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
maha al-otaibi

PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   Fri May 21, 2010 11:20 am

Hi

"Hope is the Thing with Feathers" by Emily Dickinson ,it is simple poem. It is about nice hope and optimism in life . the speaker compare between hope and bird
that perches in the soul. There, it sings wordlessly and without pause. The song of hope sounds sweetest “in the Gale,” and it would require a terrifying storm to ever “abash the little Bird / That kept so many warm.” The speaker says that she has heard the bird of hope “in the chilliest land And on the strangest Sea”, but never, no matter how extreme the conditions, did it ever ask for a single crumb from her
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hind Al-ketheriy

PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   Fri May 21, 2010 1:15 pm

]size=18]Hello every one Smile ,and this is my comment .

"Hope is the Thing with Feathers" is written by Emily Dickinson. The title of this poem describes hope as bird feathers. The main idea in this poem talks about hope. In the first line in the first stanza the speaker rewrite the title and she gives a great example of hope which is like bird feathers that make the soul of bird above to the top. She tries to say that a person who has hope feels happy and glad in his life . Every morning birds wake up and go to look for food and they are optimistic all the day and sing without stopping. Also, the speaker tries to send a message when a person faces problems in his life has to look forward and not to be pessimistic or feel bad because life will continue. Even birds face storms but they continue again .

About for me the hope is a great thing .it helps me to continue in the life . I have many things that I want to achieve but sometimes it is difficult for me but I am optimistic to pass these difficulties and may God help me . I love you

Some of my friends here said , "bird is the symbol of freedom so hope means freedom" ,and I agree with them flower [/size][justify][center]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raneem AL-Suliman

PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   Fri May 21, 2010 1:33 pm

The poem "Hope is the Thing with Feathers" is written by Emily Dickinson. It talks about hope. Dickinson uses a lot of metaphors and imageries to describe hope. She describes hope as a bird that has feathers and that is one of the metaphors that she uses here. She is also use imagery in this poem. The feathers here is a symbol of flying and that is what we called a visual imagery.Also, she describes the continuous of hope as the bird's song witch never stop .Hope should never end. One of the lessons that Dickinson gives us is that we have to face our difficult times with hope and do not give up .Hope is keep us strong in the painful times. This poem has a rhyme in an abcb scheme. The second and the fourth line of each stanza have the same rhyme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deemah Al-Draie

PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   Fri May 21, 2010 1:49 pm

HELLO>> alien

This is my comment >>

Hope is the Thing with Feathers"is a poem written by Emily Dickinsony.The speaker talks about "hope "and how it effects your soul in a good way .without any hope , life worths nothing .The speaker uses a lot of images like "feathers" to show that hope flys in higher position and gives us positive things .if you are hopeful , you will not give up easily. But if you are angry, try to keep hop. Hope is the most beautiful gift that alla gaves us. From all above , if you are full of hope you will acheive all of your dreams and aims.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huda Al

PostSubject: 4   Fri May 21, 2010 2:16 pm

this poem " Hope is the thing with feather" by Emily Dickinson talks about hope and optimism in life . the poet wants to send a message to us that we should be optimisfic in our life because with " hope " we can make dreams came true , we cam fight difficlties and do every thing we want just as birds that defies storms and wind without even thinking in the hardship in it . simply he says that hope just like freedom of the feathers in the space and provide us with the self confidence we need . withe hope you can do every thing without any thing like the bird when it sings wihout words

هدى المطيري
Back to top Go down
Abrar Al-Ghamdi

PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   Fri May 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Hello , flower

The poem " Hope is the thing with feathers " by Emily Dickinson was written in the 19th century . Emily was lonely , she lived her whole life wondering and looking around .
Which made the spirit of sense grow up inside her but she blotted spirit of misery according to her naughty and difficult circumstances in her life . After the war happened she thought that there will be no peace after today .

Dickinsons starts to describe th idea of hope in the free spirit of birds .
Saying that the soul is where hope should be . Birds also sing but with no words , and they continually sing without stopping at all.
Then the speaker mentioned that hope is like the sweetest wind .
Also in the coldest lands and in the worst storms . Hope is heard and it can be found anywhere .

Dickinson uses imagery and metaphore to describe her poem . Beginning with " hope is the thing with feathers " a metaphorical image , the speaker compares hope with the feathers or in other words , birds . It is like hope something that dies and the fly and come out like the angel's wings to heaven and without hope you can simply fall down to hell ." That perch in the soul " , can be seen as both an imagery and a metaphor . Where the speaker continually describes the idea of hope . The birds " sings " ,
hope is not just words it is about the feelings . " sweetest is the gale was heard " , we need hope mostly in hard times when things are going badly .
" chillest lands " , here is also another reason to have hope .

In conclusion , Emily Dickinson was able to handle those powerful combinations with depth . It also tells you how hope is really imortant in life especially in string and hard times .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   

Back to top Go down

4th Assignment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4