poetry4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

poetry4

introduction to poetry - level 4

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

5th (LAST) assignment

Go down 
+54
Amjad Al-majed
Maram Al-Numair
Haila AL-Obaieed
Safih Al-Sahli
Ahad Al-Fahad
Felowah Mansour Shudid
Dalal Al-moghanam
هند الصالحي
Hayat Al Waily
Mona mansor Al gohfaily
Basma AL- Dhergham
Raneem AL-Suliman
shahd allam
Hind Al-ketheriy
Ebtisam Al-Anezi
Nawal Al-Fadhel
Ahlam Al-otaibi
Betoul Ali Al-Mahmoud
Deemah Al-Draie
Manal Al-Rasheid
Reem Al-Qattan
Noura Al-Ajlan
maha al-otaibi
Huda Al-dosari
Sarah Al-Khazzi
Sarah Al-Homidi
Abeer Al-Shaibani
Manal Al-Hagbani
Al-Anood Al-Mudemmeg
Nuha Abdoallah
Nouf Al-Mutairy
Reem Al-Anazi
Ohoud Al-Ameel
Hala AL-Turki
Sumayah AL-Ghailan
sara tami al-bugami
haya
Anwar Al-Baqmi
Areej Ali AL-Qahtani
Moneerah AL-Hantoush
Hala AL-Sayed
Ruba Al_Hebs
Sara Al-Subaie
Najla Al-Osaimi
Lamia AL Nuaim
Maha K. Al Dreweesh
Walaa.Al-ghamdi
Ahlam Al-Rowili
Norah Al-madi
أزهار المسكين
Hana Al-Akeel
Monira Al-Otaibi
Moneirah Al-Wetaid
Mrs. Ohoud
58 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mrs. Ohoud
Admin

5th (LAST) assignment Empty
PostSubject: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Hello my dear students,

This is your last assignment cheers and it will be open for 2 weeks. I hope you do your best.

*This poem is written by an African-American woman who suffered from racism.

The Mother
by Gwendolyn Brooks (1917-2000)

Abortions will not let you forget.
You remember the children you got that you did not get,
The damp small pulps with a little or with no hair,
The singers and workers that never handled the air.
You will never neglect or beat
Them, or silence or buy with a sweet.
You will never wind up the sucking-thumb
Or scuttle off ghosts that come.
You will never leave them, controlling your luscious sigh,
Return for a snack of them, with gobbling mother-eye.

I have heard in the voices of the wind the voices of my dim killed
children.
I have contracted. I have eased
My dim dears at the breasts they could never suck.
I have said, Sweets, if I sinned, if I seized
Your luck
And your lives from your unfinished reach,
If I stole your births and your names,
Your straight baby tears and your games,
Your stilted or lovely loves, your tumults, your marriages, aches,
and your deaths,
If I poisoned the beginnings of your breaths,
Believe that even in my deliberateness I was not deliberate.
Though why should I whine,
Whine that the crime was other than mine?--
Since anyhow you are dead.
Or rather, or instead,
You were never made.
But that too, I am afraid,
Is faulty: oh, what shall I say, how is the truth to be said?
You were born, you had body, you died.
It is just that you never giggled or planned or cried.

Believe me, I loved you all.
Believe me, I knew you, though faintly, and I loved, I loved you
All.
Back to top Go down
https://poetry4.ahlamontada.com
Moneirah Al-Wetaid

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:18 am

good evening all king

I just want to be the first one who replies on the last assignment

here is my analysis
bouncehere is my analysis

Last edited by Moneirah Al-Wetaid on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Monira Al-Otaibi

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Hello Mrs. Ohoud Embarassed ~

Hi girls geek ~

This poem The Mother by Gwendolyn Brooks affects us .this poem is a sad Symphony played by the poet.

~>>> She tells her story when she aborted her baby and now she fells sorry . like many other women in this life ~

She went under through this bad Experience .~ْْْ

~>>> At the beginning of the poem she speaks in general. She is warning all the women that

"Abortions will not let you forget," she warnings them about something which never happened yet .~

Something that may be happen in the future . she gives the women a flashpoint for the difficulties they Will be going under through in the future.~ْْْ

She is continuing talking about ~>>> her agony when she aborted her baby.

she still hearing him crying Softly in her mind.

Progressively., she moved from talking to the people and starts talking to her baby.~}}

She is looking for a reasonable reason for the baby that she doesn’t do that abortion with purpose ~>>>may be not

So there is no reason for her to be sad like that or crying .she is confused what she should say?!!

She is saying you will never be made yet... Then she oposite her words by saying

were born and have body but " It is just that you never giggled or planned or cried "~}}

I think ...~>>> she kills her baby and justifies her murder by the words" You were never made Sad .. " and

By saying " anyhow you are dead." ~ْْْْ

at the end she expresses her huge love for her baby >>

" Believe me, I loved you all

All.
"

Some of (the Figures of speech) :

Abortions will not let you forget

Personification ~}}

You remember the children you got that you did not get

a paradox ~}}

I’m done sunny
Back to top Go down
ibtihal

PostSubject: al massoudi   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:50 am

This poem simulates the period, and imagine the suffering of blacks (Negroes) in that time, dramatic monologue exists between a mother and her children
Mother calls her children to tell them the story of her career, long dark, had to take, since they were forcibly taken from their original homes, and walked with them to America for hundreds of years of slavery and the reconstruction of an America that had just Discovered new island.

During this journey the mother cut short her experience and details of gradients suffering from slavery in the struggle for survival ".. and self-assertion and freedom from slavery and servitude: -
Girls who are stolen from the home "Africa" for hundreds of years.
Black girl who then crossed the sea and carry the seeds of freedom in their blood, and deceived them.
And women working in the fields and carrying the crop of cotton or corn, then treated Kalkhadem or person and hit hard.
A married woman who steals children and husband against her will and in front of headmaster.

Having realized that the woman has weaknesses and I knew what was lacking began to walk the road to freedom. Although ignorance of the read-only to withstand it and for her children bore all difficulties, overcome the difficulties. Road was full of tears, and oppression, fatigue and trouble. But she had to take, because it was part of its responsibility as a mother, I worked a lot of the land. "We must do something for their children.

Smile
Back to top Go down
IBTIHAL

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:56 am

HEY MRS. OHOUD
THIS IS IBTIHAL AL-MASSOUDI CLASS 441 I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH FORM IT DOSE NOT WORK VERY WELL WITH ME
I JUST WANT 2 ANNONCE THAT I AM THE ONE WHO POST THE REPLY BEFOR
THANKS
Back to top Go down
Hana Al-Akeel

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:42 pm

The poem reflects what women deal with in abortion.The speaker here talks about a mother who experienced a number of abortions, she talks about things she will never get as a mother, things like "You will never wind up the sucking-thumb Or scuttle off ghosts that come" she talks about her pain and sorrow when she says "I have heard in the voices of the wind the voices of my dim killed children" .Then she adresses her children and asking them to understand that she wasn't delibrate, maybe she thinks they were never made, and that eases the guilt, or maybe it wasn't her chioce, it was someone else who did it "Whine that the crime was other than mine?".
Maybe the whole poem is symbolic, the mother symbolises the country that abortioned her from her rights.
[/size]
Back to top Go down
أزهار المسكين

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:31 am

Abortions will not let you forget.
You remember the children you got that you did not get,
The damp small pulps with a little or with no hair,
The singers and workers that never handled the air.
You will never neglect or beat
Them, or silence or buy with a sweet.
You will never wind up the sucking-thumb
Or scuttle off ghosts that come.
You will never leave them, controlling your luscious sigh,
Return for a snack of them, with gobbling mother-eye.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The mother the poem that you read and cry while you read from the beginning of the poem you feel
the sadness inside mother heart when she wrote "Abortions will not let you forget " that the
abortions will not let you forget the amazing feeling inside the mother heart. Mothers wait all there
life's for those feeling when they get Pregnant and deliver chilled to this world and how they dream
about this chilled. What he look like ? and you find this inside the poem in the part she wrote “ the
damp small pulps with a little or with no hair” and she start to describe the feeling for motherhood
and how mother love the feeling like buying sweet for chilled or sucking thumb. The sadness in this
poem is the feeling that you miss when you are waiting for something but they toke it away from you
and you will never forget this because it is part of your life and this what happened for this mother we
the abortion toke the most important thing in her life.
5th (LAST) assignment Icon_basketball

I have heard in the voices of the wind the voices of my dim killed
children.
I have contracted. I have eased
My dim dears at the breasts they could never suck.
I have said, Sweets, if I sinned, if I seized
Your luck
And your lives from your unfinished reach,
If I stole your births and your names,
Your straight baby tears and your games,
Your stilted or lovely loves, your tumults, your marriages, aches,
and your deaths,
If I poisoned the beginnings of your breaths,
Believe that even in my deliberateness I was not deliber
-----------------------------------------------------------

after what happened for her she started to hear the voice of the missing chilled in her life. That voice
in the wind and she said that

the voice in the wind like the voice in the eternity
and you could not ever now from where this voice. She start to think about the feeling that she won't try which is the Breasts feeding. Here is the most hardest part for her because the
breast feeding is the most important thing for the mother to get happy for her chilled when he start to
suck her breasts and drink from her body and become part of it. The forgiveness, she started to
describe all the feeling and even in chilled life that she took it from him because of the abortion
and this is clear in words she used like “stole your birth” and how she think that she is the killer of her

chiiled when she wrote “ Poisoned the beginnings of your breaths.

Believe that even in my deliberateness I was not deliberate.
Though why should I whine,
Whine that the crime was other than mine?
Since anyhow you are dead.
Or rather, or instead,
You were never made.
But that too, I am afraid,
Is faulty: oh, what shall I say, how is the truth to be said?
You were born, you had body, you died.
It is just that you never giggled or planned or cried.
Believe me, I loved you all.
All.

------------------------------------

Even when she decide to go for the abortion she was not deliberate that is not from her hear and
she can not do this but she did it. After what she did there is not reason for the whine because she
think it was mine to whine because however he is dead now and the chilled was never made from
her. But now she is afraid about what she will say about this and what is the truth about her
abortion like she think what she will say for the world about what she did and will they understand her
and support her? this is what she trying to say in the last part of the poem and whatever she loved him even if she was wrong. 5th (LAST) assignment Icon_cheers 5th (LAST) assignment Icon_queen 5th (LAST) assignment Herz

Back to top Go down
Heesa

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:36 am

She has a lot of experience of abortion but after what she did she feel remorse. But she tray to should not feel guilty and explain that what she did because she had no other choice. She feels guilty for the death of her children and also she feels that it is she responsible for the death of her children and the voices of her children chasing her to Vengeance. I think she was also trying to explain a patchwork of women experiencing at that time of poverty and other conditions that make them have abortions and she trying to deliver a message to the women who did not Abortion yet
and she trying to explain to them the amount of pain and guilt that she feels about after what she did.

that is all cheers

Heesa Al-Dosimani
Back to top Go down
Norah Al-madi

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:30 am

hi Smile, the poem talks about the suffer of abortion,she sadly remebers the movements of the child that she didnt get. In the last lines of the poem the woman attempts to reassure the child that she loved it with all her heart She says, "Believe me, I knew you, though faintly, and I loved , I loved you.
a great feelings in this poem that describes the sorrows of women at that era.
Back to top Go down
Ahlam Al-Rowili

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:55 am

"The Mother," by Gwendolyn Brooks, is about a mother who has experienced a number of abortions and now has remorse. She can not forget this experience, because the feeling of sadness and regret follow her. In the seem time, she says that she did not have other choice. Also, there are many images are conveyed throughout this entire poem.

The first stanza, starts by stating that one cannot forget the aborting of a child .She remembers these children and the people that they could have become when she says," You remember the children you got that you did not get,". She regrets not being able to perform motherly duties.

The second stanza, she is talking about her pain and loss. In "I have heard in the voices of the wind the voices of my dim killed children," she is haunted by her own children's. Then , she can not control her emotion for what she did. She is asking for some understanding when she says, "Believe that in my deliberateness I was not deliberate. . . . Though why should I whine," she asks, "Whine that the crime was other than mine.". After that, she gives herself an excuse for what she don. She tries to brush it off when she says, "Since you are dead," but then admonishes herself by euphemizing the meaning by saying, "or rather, or instead, you were never made."

The third stanza, she repeat what she said in second stanza, while she tries to figure out about whet she did. She tries to make excuses for what she did, but her emotions conquer her denial. "Believe me, I knew you, though faintly, and I loved, I loved you All." She knew her children because they were a part of her being that they were in her body. Finally, she use repetition and ask the reader to believe her, in "Believe me, I loved you all.
All." That means she honest and regret about her feeling.

In short, this poem talk about a big issue which is abortion. The mothers can not forget own children. Then, those how do this they egret themselves because the child have a soul, it is not easy to kill them with any reason.
Back to top Go down
Walaa.Al-ghamdi

PostSubject: My comment on the 5th poem   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:40 am

"The Mother" is a poem written by Gwendoly Brooks. The theme of this poem is abortion and feelings amother has since it is mentioned in the first line of the poem. Olso, it shows many emotions like love, regret, hatred, sadness, and disappointment, a whole of feelings related abortion and the regret of taking an un-born's life. In my eyes, this poem is a message for future mothers who considering abortion and it just tell them how important motherhood is. In fact, many images are conveyed throughout the entire poem.
Back to top Go down
Maha K. Al Dreweesh

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:51 am

“The Mother “ by Brooks is a dramatic poem . It tells a story and has a complex feelings . The speaker has not children yet she has several experience of abortion , but she choose the title “ The Mother “ as women who have babies . To tell us that she pregnant more than one time , but all the babies are died . At first she imagine their looks ( with a little or with no hair ) . Then she express the sadness feelings . After that she mention some points of them if they are live (your tumults , your marriages , aches ) . Because she does not know who cause the death and why they are die she asks herself ( why should I whine ) I dose not cause the crime ( The crime was other than mine ) .She says I had children ( you were born , you had body ) . That why she choose “ The Mother “ to be a title , because she gets babies but they are die ( you died ) . Then , she condolence herself by says I am a mother even when I never hear the ( giggled or planned or cried ) . Finally, after all the sorrow situation she loves them all by low and sad voice she asks them to trust her and she will love them (I love you , I love you )
Back to top Go down
Lamia AL Nuaim

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:07 am

The poem is about a woman who got pregnant more the once but had abortions. However, she talks about her mixed feelings after the abortions. In the first stanza she talks to her reader about her abortions and her feelings. She uses very strong images to describe the aborted children and it shows when she says:"the damp small pupls with a little or no hair". However, she keeps calling them her children and tries to imagine how the life could happen if they had been born. After that, she tries to justify her abortions and console herself by imagining certain things that mothers have to do such as calming their crying children. The sense of guilt present even if she tries to find excuses to her abortions. In the second stanza, the mother addressing to her unborn children and trying to explain why she had abortions and asks for forgiveness. Also, the images uses in this stanza are very strong and express the confusion and guilt she feels. The first image use the word killed which shows how strong her sense of guilt is and she uses in this part the perfect tens to show that she has thought about abortions and has been feeling guilt. Then she tries to justify her choice by using such of word like tumults, ache and death. Although, she tries to say that she saved them from suffering and pain. Then she continues and expresses her sense of guilt and helplessness by saying there is no point of complaining and blaming others for her mistake. She realizes that is to late her children already dead. Finally, she ends her poem by asking forgiveness from her children and make sure that how much she love them even though they had very short life.

From the begining to the end of the poem the sense of guilt, confusion and sadness is the major tone of the poem. although, the woman did not have children she talks as a mother who lost her children

cheers
Back to top Go down
Najla Al-Osaimi

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:45 am

This poem "my mother" is written by by Gwendolyn Brooks.I think the poem tells us about the abortion. There was a completely different set of reasons for an abortion at that time and place. Also, Gwendolyn Brooks did not have an abortion herself. I think this poem is simply wrote .
Back to top Go down
Sara Al-Subaie

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:46 am

Greetings everyone Smile
I read this poem for so many times but the idea didn’t seem clear to me in the beginning. So, I read about the auther on the net and I was impressed .She has achieved many achievements in her life. She learned so much you can’t imagine , she traveled from one country to another , became a teacher In Colombia, got married and had a child. In her times people suffered a lot from racialism . the reason why she wrote this poem was to defend her people who was not enjoying their life like normal humans. She wanted to show the world that this planet wasn’t made for whites only. She putted all her strength and courage to write this poem and here I leave you with my analysis :
The title of this poem shows that the mother is the speaker. She is talking not to her children but to the black people. She referred them as “children” because they are innocent , cheerful, they have white hearts and they don’t mean any harm to anyone. That’s why she said (the children you got) which are the black people like her (that you did not get). In the second two line she described the black people’s appearance. (the damp small pulps) means they’re wet and small eyes ( it shows that they have innocence in them) and they got light hair or sometimes no hair. Going on the second stanza , the speaker continues her speech (YOU) black people will never ignore or neglect or even harm (them) she means the white but in the same time you can’t be silent against your rights nor you be kind to the whites. It’s nice to have good manners to whites but when it comes to your rights you must defend it. You will never wind up the sucking thump. She means you’ll never stop doing activities and the things you do all the time as a human being and you won’t run of from the ghosts that come. The ghosts are the white people . Usually, ghosts are scary and people are afraid from them and so is the black people they’re terrified from white people. Also, you will never leave those white people control your life.
(I have heard in the voices of the wind the voices of my dim killed children I have contracted. I have eased my dim dears at the breasts they could never suck).
The speaker is saying that she hears news and stories everyday about the black people that struggled like her. They never lived there’re life like a normal human. They just suffered from people’s treatment to them. The Following verses the speaker is feeling guilty. She thinks that she is responsible of what’s happening to black people. After all, She is the Mother. She says even if I stoled your birth and identity .Even if you didn’t cry like everyone else or played like a free child .If I ever poisoned your life believe me that not only you guys suffer, we all share the pain together.
In the following verses she’s talking to her self( Why am I whining )???...She used the word (whine) to show the deep pain inside. Though the whining wasn’t only mind but to all of you. The verse where it says ( is faulty : Oh, what shall I say, how is the truth to be said). Here there is some kind of “TONE” like she is hesitated or can’t express her feelings. She said that you were born like any human being and you died normal. It is just that you didn’t laughed like everyone. You didn’t live your life or enjoy it. Finally, the best part of this poem is when she expresses her feelings towards the black people(believe me) she repeated this statement to emphasize and assure that she loves them and that she will love them forever(I loved you, I loved you all) the repetition shows her true feelings.
I really enjoyed reading this poem. I love reading about black African Americans. Reading about them really makes you think that you are nothing compared to them. They had courage, strength, self confidence, and it’s easy for them to take their rights even now a days. If your interested in reading, read Mildred D. Taylor’s series and short novels about racism. The books I read was “The Well” and “Mississippi Bridge”.
J.J. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sara Al-Subaie

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Why do I get this feeling that my analysis is Totally diffrent than the others , I mean all their analysis are related to each other Mind is distinguish

HOW COME
scratch scratch scratch
J.J. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Ruba Al_Hebs

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:08 pm

……..….
Abortion is, according to the dictionary, the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the fetus, as simple as that. Gwendolyn Brooks in her poem "The Mother" or rather "The Was-supposed-to-be-a-mother" takes us on a journey where we go inside the head\heart of a mother to "unborn" children. Regret, regret, regret is all that shows despite a few tries to put some sense into the decision. The speaker talks about what happens after the mission is accomplished and the children were gone. She goes on talking about what they could have been, if they were there, what she would have done to them. She doesn't talk about big plans or anything of the sort, on the contrary, she chooses the small details to highlight, the little things they would have done together as a family , as a mother and her children. Then, we go deeper inside her head where the voices appear to us showing how long they have been there rolling in her mind until they start talking. They bring along with their cries her memories of what she took from them when she did what she did. The lives they didn't live, the breathes they never took, the aisles they never walked on, their names, their tears, their games .. their everything! Later, she questions "why she is whining? Didn't she do this herself?" She says. Eventually, she admits that the bodies that never cried, giggled or planned were her fault. Regardless of all that, she states that she loved them all; she knew them, felt them and loved, loved them.

* Life can be tough sometimes, I agree. But I can't imagine getting rid of a fetus, a soul under any circumstances. It is still a part of you, how can you lose, on purpose, such a thing? I almost cried just reading the poem; I can't see myself going through something like that, ever!

"Believe me, I loved you all.
All."

And believe me, I loved them, too.

P.S:
I can't believe we're done with these weekly assignments, I miss them already :"

Last edited by Ruba Al_Hebs on Fri May 28, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hala AL-Sayed

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:08 pm

[size=18]Sooo sorry 4 late but I thought there is no assignment..

Since we studied "the ballad .."I really touched by all the emotions and suffering of the African American at that time . 5th (LAST) assignment Icon_cry .
[size=12]
[size=12]In "[size=18]the mother
"the poem by Gwendolyn Brooks talks about an African-American woman who suffered from racism. The title is very ironic .because the first that come to our minds when we read it, is mother caring and protecting to her children.however,this aspect changes in the poem. In the beginning, the speaker starts with talking about abortions not as a general topic ,but as a personal experiness .also,its effect on the mother. As the poem goes on, she describes her pain. She moves from explaining to the reader why she aborts her children, to talking to her them in order to convince them of why she did so. In fact, she is trying to convince herself to make it easier for her. She didn't think it's a crime, because she realizes she's saving them from the society that she lives in. in the end, she concludes the poem with the most beautiful words ever by saying "Believe me, I loved you all". She tells him now how much she loves him from all her heart and she did so just to protect him. The poem shows a mix of true emotions like: love, sorrow and searching for forgiveness.
[/size]

[/size][/size]

[/size]
Back to top Go down
Hala AL-Sayed

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:22 pm

p.s.
hello ruba,,

u know what i think she realized that she will lose him anyway ..so, it's easier for her to lose him before he come out and suffer ..

from her tone u can notice that her heart is broken ..she want him but she had to do so..

i think she has the right "as not a muslim "to protect her child in any way she thinks it would the best for him...

5th (LAST) assignment Icon_surprised
Back to top Go down
Ruba Al_Hebs

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Hala AL-Sayed wrote:
p.s.
hello ruba,,

u know what i think she realized that she will lose him anyway ..so, it's easier for her to lose him before he come out and suffer ..

from her tone u can notice that her heart is broken ..she want him but she had to do so..

i think she has the right "as not a muslim "to protect her child in any way she thinks it would the best for him...

5th (LAST) assignment Icon_surprised

Not ONE child, children No
I understand her okay, but I can't say that I approve, I just can't!
Besides, how can she know what's best for them? I guarantee u that the parents of all miserable people around the world never thought that their children would end up like that and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Hala AL-Sayed

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:42 pm

ruba,,,,
okay ,,but she had been seeing the sorrow and the pain for sooooo long she knew that wouldn't change in one night..she reached a high level of desprete where there's no hope for better day at all....
Back to top Go down
jenan al

PostSubject: jenan al-shaik   5th (LAST) assignment EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:07 pm

This poem the mother by Gwendolyn Brooks is written in 1945, the speaker is talking about abortion and those baby's that she never had, and wandering wert hay ever wear alive or they wear never there, and if she had them will they live forever?, she feel sad and saruo for those baby's that she lost she is morning for them, also she wondrining why she feel so sad for those that she choose to loose, in the end she admit that she loved them all
Back to top Go down
Moneerah AL-Hantoush

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:56 pm

[size=12]This poem ,The Mother, by Gwendolyn Brooks talks about a woman who had an experience in abortion. She said that this bad experience will not let you forgot the amazing feeling that any woman feels when she gets pregnant and have a baby. You also will not forget the first days of your child when he cry, sucking his thumb and also when you never leave him and be afraid for his life from every things. After that she talks about what she had lost from this abortion. She was lost her baby's voice. She also ask us for understand what she did and why she did that and give herself an excuse about what she did. Finally, she said that she had to do this but she loved her baby and she ask us to believe her when she said that she love her children.
Thank you all. And special thanks to mrs.Ohoud for being nice and kind with us.[/size]
Back to top Go down
Areej Ali AL-Qahtani

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptySun May 30, 2010 8:58 am

I'll add my comment but from our perspective of the Islamic Who preserves the human soul is what you want to live a simpler.

When I read this poem, after all, I felt pains and sadness of what might be human beings can do in their lives from the mistakes
And how those mistakes are being solves as errors once again..

However, through my reading of the poem "The Mother" written by Gwendolyn Brooks (1917-2000)
I think she speaks about abortion, an issue that is very painful and also a sensitive. She talks about the experience could not have human beings never forget.
And how the truth is very hard about it when you are the murder of this baby, who is stealing from his soul, life, and smile.

I expect that everyone reading these lines know how she is sense of the horrors of this crime.

May be change her thinking when she reads something about the Islamic religion and how contrary to this crime.

I hope to meet Gwendolyn Brooks and I will suggest to her to re-write this poem from reading about Islam and how it preserves the human rights. Especially children.
Back to top Go down
Anwar Al-Baqmi

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:11 am

hiii~~~~

The Mother" by Gwendolyn Brooks. This poem is In the tradition of the lyric, this narrator addresses the reader directly and personally to convey her feelings. The poem contains thirty-five lines, which are separated into three stanzas.
first.this poem is generally about abortion and the feelings a mother has. It's about the remembrance of the children aborted and the little things children do that the mother will miss.

also , here Many images are conveyed throughout this entire poem. When Brooks mentions "the singers and workers that never handled the air" it gives off an air of sadness. You get the feeling that Brooks is trying to convey, to the mother, a sense of longing for those little things ..
. Brooks had experience with abortions or she felt very strongly about the issue. and the feeling of sadness, remorse, longing, and unfulfilled destinies were arranged so that even someone with no experience or opinion on this issue, really felt strong emotions when reading "The Mother" .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment Empty

Back to top Go down

5th (LAST) assignment
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next