poetry4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

poetry4

introduction to poetry - level 4

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

5th (LAST) assignment

Go down 
+54
Amjad Al-majed
Maram Al-Numair
Haila AL-Obaieed
Safih Al-Sahli
Ahad Al-Fahad
Felowah Mansour Shudid
Dalal Al-moghanam
هند الصالحي
Hayat Al Waily
Mona mansor Al gohfaily
Basma AL- Dhergham
Raneem AL-Suliman
shahd allam
Hind Al-ketheriy
Ebtisam Al-Anezi
Nawal Al-Fadhel
Ahlam Al-otaibi
Betoul Ali Al-Mahmoud
Deemah Al-Draie
Manal Al-Rasheid
Reem Al-Qattan
Noura Al-Ajlan
maha al-otaibi
Huda Al-dosari
Sarah Al-Khazzi
Sarah Al-Homidi
Abeer Al-Shaibani
Manal Al-Hagbani
Al-Anood Al-Mudemmeg
Nuha Abdoallah
Nouf Al-Mutairy
Reem Al-Anazi
Ohoud Al-Ameel
Hala AL-Turki
Sumayah AL-Ghailan
sara tami al-bugami
haya
Anwar Al-Baqmi
Areej Ali AL-Qahtani
Moneerah AL-Hantoush
Hala AL-Sayed
Ruba Al_Hebs
Sara Al-Subaie
Najla Al-Osaimi
Lamia AL Nuaim
Maha K. Al Dreweesh
Walaa.Al-ghamdi
Ahlam Al-Rowili
Norah Al-madi
أزهار المسكين
Hana Al-Akeel
Monira Al-Otaibi
Moneirah Al-Wetaid
Mrs. Ohoud
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
al.hanou

5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:06 am

The title of the poem suggests that we are going to read about the sacrifice and warmth of the mother , but to the surprise it is about a woman who abandon her baby before birth.
We can feel the regret of the mother from the very beginning as she advices all women not to make – abortions because they will never forget the crime of killing the baby. Mothers happiness lies inside when they feel the life of their baby, when they bring them up and even when they see their first movements, but where are these things ; she asks. All the words written expresses the poet's thoughts and her images of the unborn baby …. as in with no hair .. never neglect or beat .. buy with a sweet ..etc. We can sense the sadness of being deprived from the most important thing in life ; the child.
The first stanza is full of visual images of the baby if it came to life.
After imagining how it looked like to have a child , she began to tell us how she lost her happiness in feeding – breasts they could never suck.- her child which gives any mother a great pleasure . In order to release her burden, she says it was out of her control , it was someone else's fault in killing and getting rid of her unborn child. She also mentions that she did not mean to do so – I was not deliberate - . In her words we can feel it was not only one abortion but more and she is addressing her children to understand the reasons for that even though she doesn't have clear ones. She says that her baby was not alive – since anyhow you are dead – which is not good enough for a mother to kill her children .
Back to top Go down
nouf

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:15 am

In this poem, we have the story of mother who aborted her baby … she seems to be confused because at the beginning she said "Abortions will not let you forget," she seems to have a bad moments after her abortions and that is clear when she said "I have heard in the voices of the wind the voices of my dim killed children." Then she turn her speech to her killed baby by finding a reason why she killed him … I think that she tries to comfort her self by saying " Since anyhow you are dead" and " You were never made" . then , she shows her feeling by say that she is afraid and we can notice that she knows that what she did is crime " Whine that the crime was other than mine". She contradicts herself because she said " " Since anyhow you are dead" then she turn her voice from violence to be so nice by saying " Believe me, I loved you all". Actually , I feel sorry toward her because she killed some part of her maternity and her crime effects on her badly…

by : nouf al tmimi
class : 443
Back to top Go down
Ahlam Al-otaibi

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:56 am

the mother is a poem full of sadness, remorse, and longing. It's about the mother's feeling. her feeling for her child. that she will always remember his little things he do, and the things mothers known to be good at as " never neglect or beat", "silence or buy with a sweet", "never wind up the sucking thumb", " scuttle off ghosts that come", "never leave them, controlling your luscious sigh", and "return for a snack for them, with gobbling mother-eye".

she expressed her longing for her unborn child, and regretting having an abortion. she is talking generally to all the aborted children and shows her regret for " if i stole your births and your names", "your straight baby tears and your games", "your stilted or lovely loves, your tumults, your marriages, aches, and your deaths".

at the end her feelings were true she loved them all, she knew them very well

the poem is to every woman would think about abortion and to know how faulty this deed is.

with my full regards,
Ahlam Al-Otaibi

Back to top Go down
Nawal Al-Fadhel

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:08 am

The mother is written by Gwendolyn Brooks. She say that abortion will not let you forget, but its true that no one will forget abortion. Because its not only a sin its unforgiven sin. We know sometimes that we don’t want to be a mother in an early age, but if it is happen to us we try to accept it, because even its hard to be a mother in early age but we know that we can make it. And sometimes they do abortion its because they are afraid to know by their parents, and it's not easy to do abortion sometimes it cause of you in danger. Even it's hard just face it. Because only God knows that no one will be a sinner to him. And before you do abortion think it very much not only twice, think what will happen to you if bad karma come's in your life , and think the baby that you did not give a chance to see the wonderful world and to be with you until the end of your life. And it's not easy to give birth but when it happen to you, you can feel it to yourself that you are fullfilled. Don’t ever do abortion even once in your life.
Back to top Go down
Ebtisam Al-Anezi

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:29 am

Abortion, the painful solution that is shown from the viewpoint of a mother who is on the horn of a dilemma of whether she's made the wise choice of ending her children's suffer or it was actually a criminal act that brought her deep sighs. It troubles her conscience that she will ever miss the warm feeling of motherhood. She is grieving at the fact that she will not get to know how her life would be with her children. She is regretting every simple act that she would enjoy if they were in the land of the living. She admits the fact that she killed them even before they were born. She knows very well that she kept them away from their fundamental need which is simply "a need for life" .Then, she tries to justify a reason of such behavior. The reason behind her decision was just to shorten the distance for them and let them die with honor for it is better than living in pain. Finally, she excuses herself by saying that " You have to remember ,my little souls, that what I have done for you is just out of LOVE and nothing else".

Quote :
Not ONE child, children
I understand her okay, but I can't say that I approve, I just can't!
Besides, how can she know what's best for them? I guarantee u that the parents of all miserable people around the world never thought that their children would end up like that and vice versa.

Quote :
ruba,,,,
okay ,,but she had been seeing the sorrow and the pain for sooooo long she knew that wouldn't change in one night..she reached a high level of desprete where there's no hope for better day at all....

Dear friends Ruba & Halah I love you

Both of your opinions were really convincing! & I really enjoyed reading your lovely discussion But I don't know why I feel like you both were representing the heart-and-mind struggle. Razz You Ruba were seeing things from the deep of your tender heart , a mother heart."I know you,amigo" and You lovely Halah Twisted Evil , the voice of reason, you were following logic,which is something we cannot argue against ,also.

I strongly believe It was really a no-win solution for both of them Sad .

So, With all due respect I submit to you that

I prefer sitting on the fence Wink, in order not to be badly hurt, because you were really coming down to reality. sunny

Last edited by Ebtisam Al-Anezi on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:37 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : It's just a typo =))
Back to top Go down
Hind Al-ketheriy

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:53 am

"The mother " is written by Gwendolyn Brooks. The speaker is mother and she is black woman. she is sad because she loses her baby .she aborted him . she says I do not forgot you even you die . she is sad for her baby that does not lives childhood that does not play ,study and cry like others children .The emotion of mother is not like any one she loves her sons more than any one ,and this feeling clearly appears in this poem. In the end of the poem mother is talking to her baby she says I will remember and love you forever . The abortion is not easy for woman . It makes her without hope to future , and there are nothing compensated for the loss of her baby .

Thaaanx flower

Last edited by Hind Al-ketheriy on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shahd allam

PostSubject: Shahd Allam   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:39 pm

The poet "Gwendolyn Brooks" compared in her poem "The Mother" a life of two girls , one is white and the other is black . It's a symbolic poem that full of symbols. For example, when the speaker said : she has stayed in front of the yard all her life and this describes her current situation , and how bored is she from her life . But after that the speaker decided to get ready for an exciting journey to the back yard (a hidden place) which represents the freedom and the individualism of black people. Actually, it's symbolically of a place that exist in the African American culture. In addition, this place hides a lot of black people's secrets and mysteries. So that, the white people are curious to know about them. And while the white girl was planning to get into the backyard , her mother was trying to stop and prevent her daughter from getting there and keep her away from them , because she believes that black people are dangerous Twisted Evil .
Back to top Go down
Raneem AL-Suliman

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 pm

"The Mother" is a poem that is written by Gwendolyn Brooks. It talks about abortion. It expresses the mother's feelings for what she did for her children. She aborts them and she regrets for that . The reason for what she did is the racism that the African-American people suffer from . This poem has some images. One of them is when she says " I have heard in the voices of the wind the voices of my dim killed children" , here we have an auditory image. That also shows what she feels when she hears the other children' sounds. The mother regrets but she thinks that she does not have any other choices. We can feel the pain and sadness in this poem.
Back to top Go down
Basma AL- Dhergham

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:03 pm

HI Every One .. Cool

The Mother" is a great poem written by Gwendolyn Brooks.
It talks about abortion as a painful experience which the mother cannot forget.
Brooks describes her pain when she has lost her baby.
This feeling is never been easy for any mother in the world.
The speaker uses many images in this poem.
One example of that is "the singers and workers that never handled the air “.
Brooks creates an image full of sadness & pain and succees in conveying the message to the readers.

as we see in the last half of the poem the speaker changes who is addressing she talks now to the baby

In last line when she said "Believe me, I knew you, though faintly, and I loved , I loved you
there are alot of emotion .. it is mother feeling forword her baby
she tells him how much she loves him with all her heart
Back to top Go down
layan

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:06 pm

this poem is "the mother" written by Gwendolyn Brooks . this poem is talk about a mother who has abortins many times. she explain her feelings and gives advise for the mother who want to abortion her child . she talks about her experiences in life. she felt the guilty because she abortion her child .she knows that this child is a pice of her how she can to do that . she feels regret because that . Also, she told the mothers who wants to abrtions them child do not do it .she say do not do that with any reason such as poor or any reason. this child does not have any guilty to kill him. child is a pure person does not know any thing about a life . this child has an eligilibity to leave in our life . then she becomes a sad wommen and lose her child.

thank you
Back to top Go down
Mona mansor Al gohfaily

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:08 pm

" The Mother " is a great poem written by Gwendolyn Brooks who try to shows us how this black mother suffering when she aborted her baby because at that time othrs took their children by force and all of that from racism that they have aginst black people ..

at the begning of the poem we notice that the mother try to convince her self that this abortion was necessary to protact her child .. but actally what she did was a crim which made her regret after the operation pale
also, she gives an advice to all women to not do what she did to her child no matter what goes on because they will suffer and regret just as what she feels ..

and that appears in the poem when she said :
I have heard in the voices of the wind the voices of my dim killed
children ...
she hears her baby crying which cause her alot of pain ..
and that means that she didn't forget and keeps thinking about what she did ... !

then she trys to remove the pain that hurts her by searching about a good reason for her abortion to be relief but actully she keeps suffering untill the end ..

at the end she become very confused she start talking to her dead baby , expressing her feeling that she love him and cares about him ..

" Believe me, I loved you all
Believe me, I knew you, though faintly, and I loved, I loved you
All.. "

finally .. silent
i hope that i will get the full mark Embarassed
actullay i really enjyoed with this assignment flower
it was fun to do it ..
thx teacher .. u did a great jop for us through this semester ..
gd luck for u and for us alien
bbye Wink Sad
Back to top Go down
Hayat Al Waily

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi

Embarassed

The Mother is a poem was written By Negroes woman called Gwendolyn Brooks .she faced a racism . The speaker describe her feelings
about lose her child . the poem has many of imagry . She used a touchy words with strong imagery like(The damp small pulps with a little or with no hair).
She send a message to every women aborte her child . in the poem speak with her child and with the people to show her emotin . i think the reason of
lost her child is Violence from racism in that days .

afro
Back to top Go down
هند الصالحي

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:42 pm

"The Mother" is a short poem written by Gwendoly Brooks.This is a poem about loss and about the attempt of the mother to revivify the dead
children while at the same time acknowledging that they are dead by her choice.in the the poem has many of imagery such as, strong imagery (The damp small with a little or with no hair).I think this is a good poem Where he showed the poet emotions real mother and the link with which her children.
Back to top Go down
Dalal Al-moghanam

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:00 pm

"The mother" is a poem written by Gwendolyn Brooks, the speaker is a mother who aborting her children. This poem talks about the feelings of a mother and her mourning for her unborn children. Also, This poem shows several emotions of this mother like regret and we can notice that when she said" Abortions will not let you forget" here the mother is regret for killing her children. She always remembers them and she can't forget them. Moreover, this woman loves her unborn children and she wants to convey her feelings to them" Believe me, I loved you all". It's really beautiful poem presented in a sad tone.
Back to top Go down
Felowah Mansour Shudid

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:13 pm

The Mother
by Gwendolyn Brooks

This poem has two meanings one of them clear and the other is not(deeper)
the first meaning is about mother who was suffering because she is aborted her child .Moreover, she is thinking about her child and she is always hearing her child's voice and how she is feel guilty about what she did

the deeper meaning is about races she describes the black people as (children) and the white people as a (mother) because they are stronger and the black people is innocent . She describes also,how the black people is treated badly but she feel that they are better than the white people and she love them
( i love you , i love you all)

that all
i hope i did better than this but i could not because i am sick today and i spent my day in the hospital
Back to top Go down
Ahad Al-Fahad

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi

The poem talks about a mother who aborted her children. You can see from her tone how much sadness in her heart when she remember them. Even she aborted and finished , she miss every thing on them ( a little or with no hair ) and how she deals with them if they still live ( never neglect or beat ) , ( never wind up the sucking-thumb ) and ( never leave them, controlling your luscious sigh ). She wants to tell us that she didn`t havs any choices, so > woman who thinking about abortion must not do it. She`ll never forget her child . But she do it, because she think it`s better for them. If they live , they`ll deal as back people with a bad life and they`ll suffer. ( why should i whine ) shows us how much she suffering and she cann`t do any thing ( since any how you are dead ). She feels as a mother who have anew child ( you were born , you had body ) , but that feeling is gone because she`ll never hear his voice ( you never giggled or planned or cried ) . Finally she wants to tell her children to forget her and she choices a better life for them. And believe her that she loves them all . Sad
Back to top Go down
Safih Al-Sahli

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:22 pm

"The Mother," by Gwendolyn Brooks, is about a mother who has experienced a number of abortions and now has remorse. You can feel the remorse she is going through when reading the poem. She is regretful, yet explains that she had no other choice. It is a heartfelt poem where she talks bout how she will not be able to do certain things for the children that she aborted. This poem may be a reflection of what many other women are dealing with.

The first stanza starts off with "Abortions will not let you forget," which sounds like the woman is talking in general terms. She is talking about how future experiences will never take place. Things like "You will never wind up the sucking-thumb or scuttle off the ghosts that come," are some of the many that will not be done. In a way, the women being told this are reminded of the pain they are going through.

In the second stanza, the woman is talking about her pain and loss. In "I have heard in the voices of the wind the voices of my dim killed children," she is haunted by her own children's faint cries that she hears in her mind. She then makes the transition from telling the reader to explaining to her children why she did what she did. It feels as though she can't control her emotions and finally breaks down. She forgets about the reader and focuses on her children. She is asking for some understanding when she says, "Believe that in my deliberateness I was not deliberate. . . . Though why should I whine," she asks, "Whine that the crime was other than mine."

She feels that she did what she had to do. She probably couldn't handle having kids at the time because of her situation, whatever it was, so she had an abortion. She probably didn't think it was a crime, but society has made her believe it is and she feels guilty. She tries to brush it off when she says, "Since you are dead," but then admonishes herself by euphemizing the meaning by saying, "or rather, or instead, you were never made."

In the third stanza, she picks up where she left in the second stanza, but this time she tries to figure out what she did. She doesn't know what to label what she had done or is probably afraid to label it. "You were born, you had body, you died," she says blankly. She tries to make excuses for what she did, but her emotions conquer her denial. "Believe me, I knew you, though faintly, and I loved, I loved you All." She knew her children because they were a part of her being that they were in her body. She emphasizes that she loved them to let them (and herself) know that she really loved them although she did what she had to do.

because this the last assignment ,I would to thank Mrs Ohoud and all of us enjoyed the course
Back to top Go down
Haila AL-Obaieed

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:37 pm

The mother is a name of a kind person who care about her children , her husband , and her family .In the poem " The Mother " which is written by Gwendolyn Brooks the speaker describe the mother as a bad person who does not want her children live or enter this life .And the speaker said that she killed the damp small pulps without any hesitation after she knows she is pregnant she immediately kills him . But he does not forgive her. He will appear to her everywhere and every time by his voice or by imagine him as a live child by anything that will make her regret her deeds so that she will not do it any more under any circumstances. The mother will regret the small things that she lose, his voice his running and his laughing . This small details will make you the happy mother in the life because this child worth his coming and the longing for him to come . But she Forced to do that because she said that she loved him she won't kill him if she loved him. Probable one reason for her to abort that she does not want her child to force killing his child as she does . This is a prove for the kindness of mother and she is as her name .

Thank you teacher for all your effort and I hope to have another class with you 5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 Icon_flower 5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
Maram AL

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:41 pm

The Mother" is written by Gwendolyn Brooks woman who imagine the suffering of blacks in that time and who suffering from racism. This women has experienced a number of abortions but now has remorse. She can't forget this experience, because the feeling of sadness and regret follow her. But she did that because do not have other choice and she is trying to convince herself to make it easier for her. in the same time, she trying to deliver a message to the women who did not Abortion yet. Also, it shows many emotions like hatred ,regret, sadness, and disappointment, a whole of feelings related abortion and describes her pain. Finally, she said that she had to do this but she loved her baby and she ask us to believe her when she said that she love her children.
Back to top Go down
Maram Al-Numair

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:44 pm

The Mother" is written by Gwendolyn Brooks woman who imagine the suffering of blacks in that time and who suffering from racism. This women has experienced a number of abortions but now has remorse. She can't forget this experience, because the feeling of sadness and regret follow her. But she did that because do not have other choice and she is trying to convince herself to make it easier for her. in the same time, she trying to deliver a message to the women who did not Abortion yet. Also, it shows many emotions like hatred ,regret, sadness, and disappointment, a whole of feelings related abortion and describes her pain. Finally, she said that she had to do this but she loved her baby and she ask us to believe her when she said that she love her children.
Back to top Go down
sultana

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:47 pm

[color=violet]hello Smile

The mother by gwendolyn Brooks this poem talk about abortion and shwo that how much every mother has alot of feeling and emotions in said her and how much its hurts to lose your baby she shows us many things she felt it in said her like sadness , lonlyness and disappointed its really hard to let your baby died by your hand [/color]
Back to top Go down
Amjad Al-majed

PostSubject: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:48 pm

This poem is written by Gwendolyn Brooks.It contains thirty-four lines.Generaly,it talks about abortion.The speaker here is a woman that she is against abortion.She describes the feelings that mother has when she lost her child.It also talks about the things that children do and the mother will miss.The title"The Mother" is ironic because it talks about the mother who lost her children because of very diffcult decisions.When the poet says "The singers and workers that never handled the air"you feel that you are in air of sadness.At the end when she says"Believe me, I loved you all.
All"that mean she love her children but she have to abortion them.In my opinion there is no reason to abortion even if you have diffcult decisions God will be with you and will help you.I advice all women around the world do not give up and do not lose your child.
Back to top Go down
hanady a

PostSubject: my comment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

"the mother" is pome written by gwendoly brooks. it tookes about motherwho has experieced anumber of abertions. she is explains that. she saying her decision have an abortion was not final yet. she writes this pome to show life in that time to explean her feeling and another mother and what she hears. the child in it very wronged. the mother is suffer in defficalt time life.

كل سنه وانتي طيبه والله يجزاك خير اتمنى تسامحينا والله ييسر امرك
Back to top Go down
Ashjan Al-suliman

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 Vdgqn5nkesv0tikulihl5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 Vdgqn5nkesv0tikulihl5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 Vdgqn5nkesv0tikulihl

=) hi ,,

This poem is generally about abortion and the feelings a mother has.brooks talk about this mother as if she has the same experience!.She express this mothers' fellings and the child inly.The feelings of sadness, regret and longing.I'm not a mother ,but reading this poem make anyone feel the same.

If I poisoned the beginnings of your breaths,
Believe that even in my deliberateness I was not deliberate.
Though why should I whine,
Whine that the crime was other than mine?--
Since anyhow you are dead.
Or rather, or instead,
You were never made.
But that too, I am afraid,
Is faulty: oh, what shall I say, how is the truth to be said?
You were born, you had body, you died.
It is just that you never giggled or planned or cried.

In these lines , brooks talks to the unborn child!.give us aclear image of his/her emotions. Thses feelings of love , sad and sorrow. As if this child talk and want to live this life no matter if he will be happy or sad.

Believe me, I loved you all.
All.

In these lines above , brooks again talk as if she is the mother.She shows her emotions of sad and repentance.

I wish i can do more..

Thank you Mrs. Ohoud for every thing ..

5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 M80nfzmxorxmn3d70c5z

5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 A6zvy1jw586gnv0qdy9o

Last edited by Ashjan Al-suliman on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muneerah

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:57 pm

``The Mother`` by Gwendolyn Brooks talks about abortion. This poem is full of emotions. The speaker warns all mothers that abortion is something bad and every woman who aborts his child will miss small details that child do. This poem makes me feel sad about these children. Abortion is a serious issue that happens around the world. In my opinion it is a crime that must have punishment because children are a gift from God. For the first time I read it I thought that the poet wants to send a message to the mothers. But I realize that she means that children are like black people because their mothers do not want them as white people do not want the black ones.

Muneerah Al-Kharan443
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th (LAST) assignment   5th (LAST) assignment - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

5th (LAST) assignment
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next