HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

2nd Assignment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ama al-m

PostSubject: 2nd Assignment   Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:01 pm

the poem is talking about women in 18th-17th century,and how she had been Treated,by men,and Society.
The speaker is trying to deliver the message of women should not be Compared with a servant whil she is a wife. She had all the rights of having the same freedom that men had.The speaker is saying that once your married there is no way out, and marriage is a death of any freedom,and there is no way of ending this marriiage but death.I do really agree with her with this piont,no one should take her away from living her live.however, I think that we are the muslim women are honored by GOD, who gaves us all right of living peasfully with gentle husbands.

thnks Mrs. Ohoud, and so sorry for being late
asma al-moajil
Back to top Go down
Nawal Al-Fadhel

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:04 pm

The poem is all about between the marriage of two parties .The speaker wants to tell everybody that in the 17th and 18th century they don't have the freedom and rights for themselves. When the women wants to get married by herself doesn’t make her happy, because she have no right to speak what she want to do or what she want by herself .Maybe because even she can't say anything what she want ,she give herself to her husband ,because she love her husband very much. Yes I agree because I know that even it's hard for her to be like a prisoner for her husband she married his husband. The difference between Christianity and Islam is ,when you are a Christian you can speak for your freedom and rights ,for the Islam the man have the right to give freedom for the women and to say what they will do .The similarities between woman's right in Christian culture during the 17th /18th century and Saudi society today is they enjoy the kind of freedom in different way. My opinion is even I'm not yet married I can give my best to make my husband to be happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah Abu Habib

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:12 pm

This poem has been written by Mary , Lady Chudleigh in the 18th century when women in their cultur had no right . The speaker here is trying to send a massage to the ladies that their sociaty is unjustice but she didn't write the solution . She is against that marriage which was unjustic from the begining " the word obay" .
I agree with her and I refuse that "wrtched state" . Islam gives woman all her right and respect her as a human . So, all saudi men who obay islam instructions will be nice to their wives . Saudi socaity ofcorse better but not all men treat women as Islam want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maha Al-

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:38 pm

I think, this poem '' to the ladies'' the poet wants to send message to the women who is fear from the marriage in the 18centurey and describe them at that time as a servant. She talks about the cruelty of men who are doesn't respect their wives and they wanted to control them. I think she is doesn't against marriage but she against the men who got this way. Iam agree with her because the marriage becomes as a prison for the wife. In Islam if the wife doesn't happy with her husband and he doesn't respect her, they can get divorced while in Christianity was forbidden. Also, wife should obey her husband but not to get him as a God like in Christianity. In additional, Islam has given women rights and some of men respect the women and appreciate them but not all. In my opinion, wife and husband should be to understanding the marriage before get it.
Maha al-shammri 43
Back to top Go down
maha Al-

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:53 pm

I think, this poem '' to the ladies'' the poet wants to send message to the women who is fear from the marriage in the 18centurey and describe them at that time as a servant. She talks about the cruelty of men who are doesn't respect their wives and they wanted to control them. I think she is doesn't against marriage but she against the men who got this way. Iam agree with her because the marriage becomes as a prison for the wife. In Islam if the wife doesn't happy with her husband and he doesn't respect her, they can get divorced while in Christianity was forbidden. Also, wife should obey her husband but not to get him as a God like in Christianity. In additional, Islam has given women rights and some of men respect the women and appreciate them but not all. In my opinion, wife and husband should be to understanding the marriage before get it.
Maha al-shammri 43
Back to top Go down
Maram Al-Budya

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:20 pm

The poem talks about the status of women. In the past, the status of women in society after the marriage, such as employee does not have the importance for men. The message to society that gives women their rights to life against the rights of men and wealth of respect and appreciation.
The Islamic religion allows polygamy, but the Christian religion rejects polygamy. And works of Islam to divorce does not happen as much as possible, but passed as a forced solution when limited to this, either the Christian religion did not make the divorce, however, men only and therefore the wife should be captive to him is only able to release and can not free itself is as he is doing.

Female has rights over her husband was honored by God and blessed by the position, they are complementary to the approach mentioned in the Quran and Sunnah.
At the same time is half of society, which is expected a lot from him and a lot of development, innovation and thinking in many areas of life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monearah Othman Al-Othman

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:13 am

Hi girls Wink
This poem "to the ladies" is written by Lady Mary chudleig
In 17th century. The poet talks about married women in 17th century, women's rights and compares between wife, and servant, and difference just in name Women must to be obey their husbands like servant. I against marriage when women to be like servant just obey their husband and do not give them all of their rights so lose freedom, love and confidence .

What are the differences and similarities between women's rights in Christianity, and Islam?
Women in Islam give them all of their rights but in Christianity do not give all rights

*What are the differences and similarities between women's rights in Christian culture during the 17th centuries and Saudi society today?
Women's in Islam have freedom; love and confidence while in Christianity lose freedom and love.

Moneirah Othman Al-Othman
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rawan Al-shubaily

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:33 pm

What is the poem about?

This poem was writin by Mary, Lady Chudleigh . The speaker in this poem is a woman who is angry and sad in the same time . At the beginning She is compares between married woman to a servant . She says woman has no right and no say .The only thing that they doing is take an orders from thier husbands without saying a word .

What is the message that the speaker is trying to send?
The speaker is trying to advice women to be strong and make a real conversation with men to discuss evrything together , because life need two feet to move . Otherwise not get married .

I think she is with marriage , but in different way . She is with if the marriage give the women thier right . In Islam , thank God , give the woman all what she realy need it give her respect , love and right . In the other hand , in Christianity they dont .
I think marriage is difficult to deal with . I believe that it is important but if there is rules for both women and men .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moneirah Al-Wetaid

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:34 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   

Back to top Go down

2nd Assignment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4