Share | 

3rd Assignment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ahad Al-Fahad

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:13 am

Hello ... flower

This poem " Prayer before Birth " by Louis MacNeice, is a suffering cry from the mouth of an unborn child. He talks about what happens around him and his feeling about it. It talks about child's suffering by evil war. How can he sees bloodsucking , rat , stoat or the ghoul . Because of his childhood he has to see happy things like, grass ,trees , sky ,birds and a white light . In his age it is natural to play and doesn`t care about anything . It expresses how the world's tyranny can kill the innocence of a child . How would they freeze his humanity . Living is a painful experience. It makes him seeking protection from God and he asks for forgiveness for all the deeds of evil . The poem makes a sweeping statement on the deplorable state of the world . And how he prefers to die rather than live in this dark world. Also, it`s reflects the poet's utter dejection and hopelessness, expressing the thought that the world will not correct itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah Al-Homidi

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:08 am

"Prayer before Birth" is a poem written by Louis MacNeice at the height of the Second World War. In this poem, the speaker uses a baby to convey his thoughts and emotions on the current state of the world. This is an appeal from the mouth of baby an unborn. Also, this plea is a representation of the anguish, grief and fear in a world that has problems and ruthless between people. He asks and cries for God help to protect him from the dangerous of life and forgiveness for the sins. This poem shows how the War affects to many people. The tone of fear despair and sadness is stressed constantly throughout the poem.
flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moneerah AL-Hantoush

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Good evening all

the poem"prayer befor birth" written at the the time of

misrable from the second world war.He shows us his

fear about the future and that he is afraid from it.The

speaker told us about baby that is not bprn yet and his

fears. He is ask God for forgivness of all the bad things that

happen during this era.I think that the speaker tell us about

the fear that the people feel in that time and they afraid

about the future of their childrenand their families. He is also

show not just his fear but also all the humans fears and pray

for mercy, happiness and forgiveness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Anood Al-Mudemmeg

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Hello flower

"Prayer before Birth" is a poem written by Louis MacNeice is say by a baby who's not born yet. The poet describes the feeling before born babies and shows how the war affects too many people because the poem was written in Second World War. The babies are praying to his God to make the world safety to live in it. Moreover, they are afraid from his future because there are very dangerous in his life.

Thank u drunken flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hayat Al Waily

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:52 pm

The poem "Prayer before Birth" was written By Louis MacNeice between 1939 - 1945 at the height of the Second World War.
In This poem the auther chose to see the world in unborn child eyes and chose Suitable word for this situation like "I am not yet born; O hear me."
Then the auther start to describes his feelings about the war life with child voice he talked about the Effects of war on human and about people problems like "drugs","lies" he asks our god the Forgiveness because he will live in this socity and will be like them with evil Character .
i think this poem as a message to the governments and people to live in peace together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanady a

PostSubject: my analyz in 3rd homework   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:32 pm

this poem is called "Prayer before Birth" was written by Louis MacNeice (1907 - 1963). He want to show human life, and the poem through an unborn childs voice. He start forpraying to his mother and war life. The child is trying to change something before born. The child is feeling sadness from war becouse he\she donot want see the war and bloodshed.His find plea his heart may not turn to stone. He used alot of personification in it to tells what his feeling about the war?
Back to top Go down
Abrar Al-Ghamdi

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:51 am

Hello Mrs.Ouhod
and hello girls ,
I hope that everyone enjoyed their vacation Smile
This is my analysis for the poem ..

“Prayer Before Birth “ is a poem written by Louis MacNeice in 20th century during the World War II. It talks about unborn baby who asks for protection and safe. This unborn baby wants to be far from many dangerous things and to be protected by many things. The poem contains many symbols that stand for unexpected things that give the poem deep wise meaning which uncover the cleverness of MacNeice. This unborn baby send a message to people asking them to get back to romanticism era when people car about love not hate and peace not war. When people were looking for reasons to love each other not excuses to kill each other. Because this era came after a hard time which was full of wars and blood,people appreciate this calm quite time and they get back to nature..love..peace and humanity. after this peaceful time,the world wars came to refresh the blood smell..the red color..the salty tears and the sharp mourning.

I am not yet born; O hear me.
Let not the bloodsucking bat or the rat or the stoat or the
club-footed ghoul come near me.

animals have been symbols of people for along time...ugly wild animals stand for bad aggressive people..here these mammals stand for people who calling for wars..racism..abusing things...here the unborn baby asking for keeping him away from such kinds of people

I am not yet born, console me.
I fear that the human race may with tall walls wall me,
with strong drugs dope me, with wise lies lure me,
on black racks rack me, in blood-baths roll me.

I'm the pure white angel and I do not any abusing to my soul..all human bad actions and abusing of their white souls are the reasons of this war and this bloody time..racism,lies,wars,and betraying are locking my free soul in this bad world

I am not yet born; provide me
With water to dandle me, grass to grow for me, trees to talk
to me, sky to sing to me, birds and a white light
in the back of my mind to guide me.

I'm the seeker of humanism asking you to wash my soul with rain..to color my life with flower..to have a melody in my life from birds twittering.. to lighten my nights with the white light that comes from the shiny honest souls and pure white birds that dancing on the skies celebrating the peace of the world

I am not yet born; forgive me
For the sins that in me the world shall commit, my words
when they speak me, my thoughts when they think me,
my treason engendered by traitors beyond me,
my life when they murder by means of my
hands, my death when they live me.

all these bad things that are done in this world are not from human being at all..they are done be the abused being of what was called human being..humans do love..do feel..do cure..do heal..do help....these creatures do hate ..do kill..do hurt...do anything but feeling others...if I hate any one..then it is not me..it is the black soul that you planted it in me..if i kill then it is not me ..it is the stone that you put it instead of my heart..you people killed me in away that makes me dead while i'm killing and hating and destroying the world...

I am not yet born; rehearse me
In the parts I must play and the cues I must take when
old men lecture me, bureaucrats hector me, mountains
frown at me, lovers laugh at me, the white
waves call me to folly and the desert calls
me to doom and the beggar refuses
my gift and my children curse me.

please I do not want to walk your roads in life..i do not to repeat your lies..nor teach my kids to lie..they will discover our game soon..they will curse me for not leading them to the right way of life...

I am not yet born; O hear me,
Let not the man who is beast or who thinks he is God
come near me.

lend me your ears for seconds please..i want to be away from that one who think he is god...anything stand in my way to have a real faith in the real God..i do not want to be deceived by satan ...i do not want to face any one who may change my pure true faith in God...

I am not yet born; O fill me
With strength against those who would freeze my
humanity, would dragoon me into a lethal automaton,
would make me a cog in a machine, a thing with
one face, a thing, and against all those
who would dissipate my entirety, would
blow me like thistledown hither and
thither or hither and thither
like water held in the
hands would spill me.

the world I'm going to live in has many people who abuse this pure life..this lovely world..and this kind humanity ..they hate each other..they cause wars...they tell lies..they blacken the shiny white world..they

Let them not make me a stone and let them not spill me.
Otherwise kill me

O' please never let me involved i such sad mad world..I'm a human being and if i live in this world i'm going to be as stone not as a human being with heart and feelings..we are not too late if you can do what i ask you..simply kill me..like any victim you have killed before..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
layan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:34 am

the poem is " Prayer before Birth" by louis MacNeice .this poem is written in second world war .the speaker describe his\her feeling when the speaker born of war.she\he said "Iam not yet born " he \she hope that he\she does not come to life with war. the speaker afraid from war and he\she can not get her\his huminaty.then the war affect to babies life. the speaker pray to ask God to stop the war. then people an leave to peace . when the speaker said "otherwise kill me " he\she wants to death if she\he does not finish the war. this poem reflect her\his life and feelings .
Back to top Go down
Ahlam Al-otaibi

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:40 am

This poem is describing the inner conflict of the speaker. we see in the 1st stanza :
I am not yet born; O hear me.
Let not the bloodsucking bat or the rat or the stoat or the
club-footed ghoul come near me.

that he is describing the government as " bloodsucking bat or the rat or the stoat or the
club-footed ghoul "
which shows the weakness and the fear that he feels

I fear that the human race may with tall walls wall me,
with strong drugs dope me, with wise lies lure me,
on black racks rack me, in blood-baths roll me.

he also fears that he will lose his freedom and his identity in this world, fears that he won't be able to be as he once was before this war.

provide me
With water to dandle me, grass to grow for me, trees to talk
to me, sky to sing to me, birds and a white light
in the back of my mind to guide me

in the above lines we see that he is begging for human contact, to be heard and seen, to be human again.

forgive me
For the sins that in me the world shall commit

he ask for forgiveness for the sins that he did it during the war.

rehearse me
In the parts I must play and the cues I must take when
old men lecture me, bureaucrats hector me, mountains
frown at me, lovers laugh at me, the white
waves call me to folly and the desert calls
me to doom and the beggar refuses
my gift and my children curse me.

he feel as he is a character in a play that has no control on the story, forced to continue acting, character that lovers laugh at, children curse it, as if it's useless and merely a joke.

Let not the man who is beast or who thinks he is God
come near me

he asks to be away from those men who wants to control him.

after that he asks for strength against the government to stay a human and not to be a controlled toy that kills for them (a lethal automaton )

and in the last stanza he express his last wish that they help him to be a human or if it doesn't work kill him.

(in the whole poem his only wish to be a human again or end his misery by killing him).

Best regards, Ahlam Al-Otaibi

Last edited by Ahlam Al-otaibi on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lamia AL Nuaim

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:05 am

The poet opens his poem with a very strong image which is unborn baby. He uses this image to show his fear and worries about the world around him. In the first stanza he uses animal images which implies killing and use these images foreshadow the damage human can cause. Then in the following stanza he talks about how certain people control the rest of the humanity. The image of "tall walls" refers to the means these people used to separate humans from each other such as race, nationality and class. Also, he talks about how group of people brain wash the rest with white lies and cause "blood – baths". In the third stanza he express the solution to the evils that mentioned in the second stanza and he knows that the creator has to guide him. Next stanza is less hopeful and the poet asking his creator to forgive him for the future evils he will forced to commit. But the following stanza provides the solution to these evils. He believes that his God can give him tools to stand against all these pressures. Then he asks his God to give his enough strength to stand against these people who either act like animal or like God. The most important image in this poem is, "a lethal automaton"- robot and he believes these external powers will turn peoples into robots and program them to commit evils. At the end of his poem, he finishes his prayer in a shocking way by asking his creator to kill him if he will not be protected from these men made evils.

The tone of this poem is disappointed and pessimistic because of the Second World War.

sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Areej Ali AL-Qahtani

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 am

This poem is called "Prayer before Birth" was written By Louis MacNeice.First of all, the Poet speaks in this poem for an unborn child. And imagine how life will be when born in such events and conflicts in the war
And also be human nature to live in peace ..
And hoped that the unborn child to the protection of God
And that is never in this life that will have negative effects on the psyche of human beings.
Another reason is important in this poem is. Human nature religious prayer God to protect him...

I'm sorry my teacher for the delay in comment.
But I have a lot of homework and also exams .
I hope that the idea in my comment was clear ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abeer Al-Shaibani

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:20 am

Salam,
Here is my comment:
"Prayer before Birth"

Louis MacNeice expresses his thoughts and feelings toward war and its effects through a voice of unborn child which is a catchy and sensitive way to point out that the close war is a wrong and destructive decision. The poem begins with the child asking God to hear him and to protect him from the dangerous and bloodsucking creatures. Then, he asks God to save him from the things the human race will do to him such as drugs, lies, black racks and the blood-baths they might roll him in. The second stanza shows that the unborn child is aware that he will be born in a bad time, a time where no one cares for the other, a time where one human being will kill another human being just for some materialistic stuff and for the fake, false and unjustified glory. After that, he asks God to provide him with the perfect, suitable and healthy environment to grow up in. Also, he asks him for a white light to guide him through the upcoming events and obstacles he will face. Next, the speaker asks God to forgive him for his sins, words, thoughts, treason, life and death although those sins is not committed by him, they are the sins of the world. In the fifth stanza, the speaker asks God to train him for the parts he will play through his life, to tell him what to do during everything he may face in life and to stay with him as long as he is alive. In addition, he asks him not to let any ignorant person who thinks he is strong and powerful takes control over him and rule him. Finally, the speaker asks God to give him the strength to stand up against those who will take away his humanity, dignity and pride or he asks God to simply kill him.

I agree with Ruba that this poem fits in with the current events around the world. The young generations are facing those hard times especially in Palestine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Areej Ali AL-Qahtani

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:26 am

Mrs.ohoud

i am sorry for the problem in my comment form ..
i do it very will but when i post it i see this form i do not know why ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hadeyah Bishi

PostSubject: analyze   Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:30 am

The poem is mere reflection of the chaos in the world through Second World War. As afraid child the speaker ask God to hear him:"let not the blood sucking bat or the rat or stoat or the club-footed ghoul come near him." the child(speaker)feels all of these things refer to death, bad luck, fear, anarchy, destruction, no safe there. How the human can cause the pain I can see all of that and I am not yet born with the blood round me although I have a glance of optimism in my mind there are a good things in a life so my God provide me. "The water dance to me" the water for to be clear and dance for enjoyment and simply "grass to grow for me" it means world become empty from difficulty "trees talk to me" there are no limitation between humans "sky to sing to me " a life is sweet and so on. My God I know like any human in a world I will do sins and treason that engendered by traitors beyond me this is what will happen if I see a life so forgive me. I don't know I see that or this is what will happen how e world like a play the actors are mountains, lovers to ridicule from the love, the beggar become to be high refuses gift… my God don't let the man who see himself a greatest and be hard with the feeble people come near me. And give me a power to be strong man to safe myself against those who would freeze my humanity and make me lethal automaton that kill people without clemency and don't let them make me without feelings, humanity, kind like stone otherwise kill me my God I don't care or don't me born her I am secure. We find the speaker uses a lot of figures literature that give a nice sensibility to the poem "the water dance", "trees to talk", " sky to sing", "mountains frown at me", "waves, desert call" are personification. In fact, the speaker is creator I have lived horror fiction through the first stanza, and bright fiction in third stanza.
Notice; during the analyze I put myself in the speaker's place and I took allowance him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sultana

PostSubject: .   Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:47 am

The poem Prayer before Birth was written by Louis MacNeice. The title of this poem speaks hope and wishes from innocents children how have not been porn yet. It is a message from those none porn children to the world to show fear from the war. The poem tells us their wishes to stop it because it will make no better life for people. All it brings to the world is destroying, killing, and hating. In my opinion leaders cause war for their personal needs or personal hate. The biggest problem is that they get everybody involved in it. Innocent people pay for those leaders stupid decisions. Leaders of the world must stop what they are doing because it never affects them, it always affects the people. They never carried a gun and went with the soldier. All they have to do is giving orders. Very Happy Very Happy Smile :
Back to top Go down
Nawal Al-Fadhel

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:19 am

Prayer before birth written by Louice MacNiece .This poem is talking about a baby who is very scared to see the world after the Second World War .We know that the world war 2 is very scary for us because of many people died, so we don’t want to see or experience it right now. It say's I am not yet born, but he don't want to express all what happen in the second world war ,he want us to ask protect from God, he asked forgiveness for all have sinned in this world and we know that we overcome all the obstacle and trials that come in our life. In the Second World War there were a lot of violent because even the innocent people were killed by the soldier. So he ask before he will live in this world it better to have a peace on earth and all the people be patient to others. And he asked from God to give him strength for all the trials that come in his way .If this will not happen he wanted to die than to live in this world. So the speaker wanted that all people in this world will be kind to each other even they are poor or rich. And take note Love your enemy..That's all thanks….!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huda Al-dosari

PostSubject: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:39 am

Hi everyone..
this is my comment .
"prayer befor birth"
a poem written by Louis MacNeice .This poem is written at the height of the Second World War. It is about an unborn child praying that it should be born into a good world.He starts by asking God to protect him from dangerus humanity.He fears from different things. he fears from all the frightening things, lies, drugs, tortured. He asks the God to give him the good things in his life:clean water, love, forests and birds .The child asks for forgive him for all the sins that the world is going to make him. He asks of the strength not to become a killing machine.he ask God is his heart will not like stone.at the end, he asks if he can not live without dangerous he prefers kill him . I think this poet is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maha al-otaibi

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:50 am

Hi cheers

"prayer before birth " is written by fred erick louis macneice in 20th century.

the poem is child's voice. in the beginning, he asking god to protect for war and dangerous animals that could harm him, also he describes feeling of child fear through words such as O hear me ,not come near me ,and many words..
addition , he tries to emphasize the unborn fear of the tone,it is despair and sadness to feeling worry and fear .And he is worrying about all the evils that could afflict him.
The poet sees the society turning its members into uncaring human beings unable to think for themselves because of pressure from other people surrounding them and war that feeling him fear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IBTIHAL AL-MASOUDI

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:19 am

[size=18]This poem called "Prayer before birth" poem perhaps where writers wanted to tell the feelings of a person did not come out for life after and there is afraid of what will face the wars was the world then face the brunt of the Second World War transport us to the poet feelings accurately describe to us the extent of fear, anxiety and despair experienced by so person as if he will come out when the ceremony will be greeted with stones and missiles and will prepare a bath of blood and blood towel also the situation does not bode well never .. We also highlights the importance that faith and belief in Allah and he will be with him and everyone and will help the war will stop, but a little work and contribution to repulse the enemies and faith and patience, there will always be hope life is beautiful ..
The truth of this deliberate wonderful shred Author Description We utterly to live with the repercussions of that war and live moments ..
[/size]

Smile Regret the delay in responding ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahlam Al-Rowili

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:46 am

"Prayer before Birth" by Louis MacNeice written in 1907 - 1963. In that period of time the Second World War in the top of it. So, the speaker describe child. The child who knew and hear every thing about the world before he is born. The child who dos not want to come to this world. Because, the injustice and barbarity in the Second World. Next is the fear of being closed in by lies and persuasion, being led by drugs, tortured both mentally and physically, and being made to participate in warfare and other massacres. Then, the poet makes a plea for the good things of life which today are fast disappearing: clean water, love, forests, birds and purity ("white light") as a guide. After that, the child asks for forgiveness for all the sins that the world is going to make him commit in the future. His final plea is that his heart may not turn to stone, or his life be wasted. Finally, Louis MacNeice tolk about his age in indirect way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mona mansor Al gohfaily

PostSubject: by mona mansor al gohfaily   Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:01 am

hi teacher ,,
this my comment ..

This poem " Prayer before Birth " is written By Louis MacNeice during the second world war which is effect on his feeling about what is going on in that time , the speakr here is speaks through unborn child who's not live in this war but he feels it inside his mothr . In the begning of the poem he starts with "I am not yet born " to show us that he not born yet but he feels every thing which makes him afraid to live it so, he wish to stay in save than live this wild world and if he have to live it he wishes that he die instated of living the misery that happen in that war, then he mention to all this actions that happen there it's by bad people how make the life is miserbale which make him pray to god to make the life is better for him and remove all this bad actions that done there alsom he asks god to forgive him . At the end he wants from god to protact him from all these bad things and give him the strength and the help to be far away from this dangours war ...

thats it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hind Al-ketheriy

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:20 am

hello teacher and girls.. flower
and this is my comment

" Prayer before Birth " is written By Louis MacNeice . this poem written in the second world war. The speaker is afraid about many things. He is afraid form night . he is afraid from animals at night like ghoul and rat. Also, he is worry from human race . he is need someone console him . he feels lonely and he wants someone provide him with what he needs to grow well and he is looking for a light to guide him to the right way . Also, he calls God to forgive him . He is afraid from war and what happened at the time of wars , killing and displacement of children by hand of people. War affects him and make him sad and crusher person He feels that he is as a cues and people make laugh of him also mountains. In the end of poem he is asking God help him and give a force to face evil people. he asked people to stop this war or kill him to rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betoul Ali Al-Mahmoud

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:22 am

Hello Mrs.Ouhod ,, Smile

This poem is written under the fire of the second world war which the poet to be a contemporary of . He suffers from the results of this war.
A t the opening verses, the poet introduces himself as corpse without a soul. The bloodsucking, rat , stoat and ghoul are coming to him to eat his body.
In the second stanza, he consoles himself and shows his fear from the human people who are the reason which make him corpse.
In the third stanza, he watches around him to the water, sky, trees, grass, birds and all natural aspects around him which guides him to the life.
In the fourth stanza, he is asking the forgiveness for all his words thoughts and actions which are causes of his soul's death.
In the fifth stanza, he personification the mountains, waves and the desert. They are blaming him for his treason. Also, the old men, lovers and his children scold.
In the sixth stanza, he encroach upon the God and describes him as beast.
In the seventh stanza, here the effect of war shows clearly on the humanity. The poet reflects these effects how the people turn to be machines. In these verses, he looks to the war as the sea which all the people drown into it.
Finally, he asks the leaders of the war to stop fighting. This war makes people as stones without feeling or emotion. He doesn't want to be a stone, So he asking the leaders to kill him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amal Al-

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:32 am

This poem is "prayer before birth " was written by fred erick louis macneice.The poem speaks about an unborn child and his fears of life, especially his fear of Second World War because the poem was written in that era.This unborn baby wants to be far from many dangerous things and to be protected by many things is a suffering cry from the mouth of an unborn child. The child who knew and hear every thing about the world before he is born,he want us to ask protect from God, he asked forgiveness for all have sinned in this world and we know that we overcome all the obstacle and trials that come in our life.i think this poem as a message to the all people to live in peace together.
All people need to pray, especially those living in the problems.The tone of this poem is disappointed and pessimistic because of the Second World War.and me agree with Ruba & Abeer that this poem fits in with the current events around the world. The young generations are facing those hard times especially in Palestine.

i hope U like it miss Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Amal Al-

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:34 am

I think my name it's not clear
Done by:-
Amal Al-bawardi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Assignment   

Back to top Go down

3rd Assignment