poetry4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

poetry4

introduction to poetry - level 4

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2nd Assignment

Go down 
+55
Nawal Al-Fadhel
Hdeel Ad-Dahash
Reem Al-Hemaidi
Manal Al-Hagbani
Amjad Al-majed
shahd allam
Shaikha Al-Habshan
Ahlam Al-Rowili
Raneem AL-Suliman
Hind Al-ketheriy
Moneerah Al-Subeeh
Bedoor Al-Ali
Betoul Ali Al-Mahmoud
Asma Al-mashan
Dalal Al-moghanam
Anfal Al-Modarraa'
Ahad Al-Fahad
Maha K. Al Dreweesh
Dalal Al-Flaij
Deemah Al-Draie
Lama AL_Marshed
maha al-otaibi
Hayat Al Waily
Hala AL-Sayed
Ohoud Al-amri
Hadeyah Bishi
Moneirah Al-Wetaid
Manal Al-Rasheid
Basma AL- Dhergham
Felowah Mansour Shudid
Reem Al-Qattan
Sara Al-Subaie
Nuha Abdoallah
Reem Al-Anazi
Haila AL-Obaieed
Ashjan Al-suliman
Hala AL-Turki
may Al-mutiri
Sarah Al-Khazzi
Ahlam Al-otaibi
Moneerah AL-Hantoush
Sarah Al-Homidi
Anwar Al-Baqmi
هند الصالحي
Al-Annod Al-Sayary
Noura Al-Ajlan
Maram Al-Numair
Ohoud Al-Ameel
Ruba Al_Hebs
Lamia AL Nuaim
Norah Al-madi
Hana Al-Akeel
Walaa.Al-ghamdi
Heesa Al-Dosimani
Mrs. Ohoud
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
may Al-mutiri

2nd Assignment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:07 pm

this poem is about women and the kind of marriage,the speaker is
trying to say that she want her rights and she want some respect
also,I think that the women in the 17th/18th centuries are Treated
as Servant . I agree whith amal when she saide
"You seen the difference between the Muslim and Christian difference between heaven and earth" i realy dont know
the women's rights in Christian culture, but i belive that Islam is the great Religion for the humen Especially
for women .
also,i think she does not hate the marriage it self,she hate the
way she Treated.Finally, my personal opinion is that the marrige
is agreat thing if it is beasd on love,respect,Cooperation.

thanxxx Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Marwah B

PostSubject: Marwah Ba-Sunbul 441   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:39 pm

The poem "To the ladies" was written by Mary, Lady Chdleigh in the 18th century. It is about the women in the 18th century and their fear from the marriage because they were must serve their husband . also they have not any freedom. The speaker is trying to send a message to the society to show them how the women are suffering after they are married when she said :
Wife and servant are the same
But only differ in the name
Because they must obey their husband and do all what they wanted like a servant . also the women afraid from their husband:
And fear her husband as her God .
I think that the speaker with the marriage but against the way that men used when they deal with the women and I agree with her .
From this poem we see the women in the west how they lived and they can't divorce because divorce was forbidden in Christianity . But In Islam the woman has the right to divorce if she can't live with her husband .
The women in Christian culture during 18th century did not have rights or any kind of freedom not like the women in Saudi Arabia because Saudi Arabia has Islam religion and the Islam give the woman all her rights and our role model is prophet Mohammed because he was a good husband with his wives .

Marwah Ali Ba-Sunbul .
Back to top Go down
Hala AL-Turki

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi everybody flower

It's an interesting poem, I think What a Face

What is the poem about?

The poem talk about the persecution of women and treat them by husband as a servant and the woman does not have any right. I think that Mary wrote this poem because her suffering and the suffering of many women of her era.

What is the message that the speaker is trying to send?

the message that the speaker is trying to send to audience is to stop treating women like a servant , give her their full rights , their voices should be heard and their opinions should be respected

is she with/against it? Do you agree/disagree with her?

I think that the writer is not against marriage, but against the way of treating. I agree with her because I think that the husband and wife are a spirit in two bodies .
I believe that the woman obey her husband, and Islam is urged that too, but not to enslave his wife and make his wife, such as a servant or a piece of furniture in the house does not have any value. I hate this kind of men . Twisted Evil

What are the differences/similarities between women's rights in Christianity & Islam?

1) In the Christian divorce is not allowed while in Islam to be allowed when things are not going well but it hated .
On the authority of Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleases with him ), who said : The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him ) said: "The most disliked act out of the lawful acts in the sight of Allah is divorce" .

2) the Islam honored women and given her their full rights, while Christianity does not

No similarity between Islam and Christianity at all

What are the differences/similarities between women's rights in Christian culture during the 17th/18th centuries & Saudi society today?

I do not agree with Lamia AL Nuaim . On the contrary, there are a large proportion of Saudi society treat women badly treated and the reason for publishing media of this phenomenon because it is a widespread phenomenon and should limit the spread of this phenomenon. Also,I heard some women are hated a marriage because they think that marriage is to control women's freedom.

The husband must understand that marriage is a love and understanding, sharing, and respecting I love you .
Back to top Go down
Ashjan Al-suliman

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:21 pm

Salam eveyone What a Face

umm...

I read about this poem, and I find a lot of things. This poem was written in 1703 which means in 18 cen , and in that period of time women can not say even a word or do things that thy want to do. Just like the robat do what "husband" want " do as I SAY NOT as I DO"!!.In the three beginning lines, the speaker show that the women are like the servants.But the ONLY actual difference between them is the word "wife" itself". Maybe the servant is better at lest thy take money for being working all the time, on the other hand women take nothing at all Evil or Very Mad … spend your life work hard to make your husband rest. The speaker in the 3ed line say for the single women DO NOT GET MARRIED!! "and this is the masseg of the poem" Because if you do , you'll lose your freedom, your life and your happiness. In the 3-4 lines there is something really important, if you stack in such a marriage, there is no way to get out of it.. and if there is it will be lose your life. because women who have this kind of marriage like the bird in a cage can not go and fly away, have a wings for nothings . "when she the word Obey has said .. man by law supreme has made", the word obey was written in a capital O. and I want to know way ,, So , I find that it is a strong word which mean basically taking order from someone in authority. It is not for wife's but for Servants only .. So, you can not say a word or give an objective on subjects. "like mutes she sign must make … and never any freedom take" from these two lines to the end , the speaker show us how the women should be in that period. Say " yes- no ..etc" with a sign only . thy do not have rights . thy must Obey, loyalty , love and work to rest their husbands.

umm here is a design I make it for my comment.. hope you like it !!
2nd Assignment - Page 2 V7n65131
Back to top Go down
Haila AL-Obaieed

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:32 pm

From the title of the poem To the Ladies it is about a bad message the speaker wants to send it to all the women .It is written in 18th century where the women are treat as servants. From the beginning when the woman says the word obey she starts serve him and do as he wants her . When they get marriage no one can protect the woman from his unjust he have the rights to treat her like he wants . it does not allow to her to speak ,laugh ,or even to look . He wants her like a robot she does not have any kind of feeling to obey him by a nod . She tie by his treatment she cannot do anything, her rights are stolen . The speaker says that being a woman is not bad thing but we should value ourselves and stop the unjust to do that for us and they must feel what they can do without us that is why we must stop getting marriage and live the life. Gain the freedom is our aims that we must keep to reach it .
* Do you agree/disagree with her?
I disagree with her because when most of woman in that century get marriage and still get marriage that is mean they can Adapt with this state and live in it , and this is what the use to see it and do it always they do not think there is something strange .
* What are the differences/similarities between women's rights in Christianity & Islam ?

In Christianity the woman do not have any rights like the woman in Islam the men used to sell and buy them. They do not think of them like human beings so, they do a meeting to decide if the woman are consider from human being or not , then they discover that she is a human being but the God create them to serve and obey the men.

* What are the differences/similarities between women's rights in Christian culture during the 17th/18th centuries & Saudi society today?

They think that the men in Saudi society today are steal the women rights that is why the speaker in this poem compare between who steal the women's rights as a western prince . But actually they do not the men her all her rights and the woman happy and satisfied in her life.

thank you very much teacher and I am sorry for being late but I have a real excuse 2nd Assignment - Page 2 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Reem Al-Anazi

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 pm

The poem is about how the relationship between wives and their husbands during the 18th century. In the poem, it tells that when women were ready to get married they were treated kindly by men in the beginning but when they tie the knot with their husband they start treating them like servants. They lived a very hard life because they must obey their orders. This situation was seen by community and considered like a law and no one can change it. During that time, women did not enjoy the same kind of freedom and must obey orders from their husbands. They can’t refuse. The message that the poet is trying to convey is that women should reject their situation of being servants of husbands and to become proud of themselves. The poet was against marriage if it will leads to submission and obedience of women to their husbands like servants or slaves. They must refuse this marriage in order to have dignity.

In Islam, however, it has been encouraged and supported by community that women should get married when they are ready for it and to obey their husbands because by doing so, they will be rewarded and if they do good deeds with their husbands, they will go to paradise.

The differences between women's rights in Christianity & Islam is that in Islam a woman can get divorced which make the wife free to leave the husband's home and she can marry another man instead of having a miserable situation. She can go to the judge to plead her case if necessary. A woman should be patient with her husband, live with him in respect of each other. If there seem to be no way out, then divorce is allowed. Relatives should try and attempt to save marriage if there is a suspended marriage situation. In the Holy Quran, it abolished many bad actions against women that have been acted during the pagan Arabs time and customs. A woman in the Quranic conception has the right to argue with any one if bad treated. No one has the right to instruct her to be silent. She is under no obligation to consider her husband the one and only reference in matters of law and religion.
Back to top Go down
Nuha Abdoallah

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:19 pm

The poem is an interesting poem. The theme can be found in these lines:
Wife and servant are the same,
But only differ in the name...
Comparing a wife to a servant because once a woman is married, and when ‘the word obey’ is said during the marriage ceremony (the marriage service calls for women to love, honor and obey), and from that time the husband will start to change his relationship and become all the kindness he shows before will disappear,
Fierce as an eastern prince he grows,
And all his innate rigour shows :
Then but to look, to laugh, or speak,
Will the nuptial contract break.
"Rigour" is cruelty. And this cruel husband believes that his wife looking, laughing or speaking breaks the marriage contract. How is a wife to behave then?
Like mutes, she signs alone must make,
And never any freedom take :
But still be govern'd by a nod,
And fear her husband as a God...
Finally, the poem addresses itself directly ‘to the ladies’:
Then shun, oh! shun that wretched state,
And all the fawning flatt'rers hate :
Value yourselves, and men despise :
You must be proud, if you'll be wise.
Women should reject their situation of marriage. They should know that men will start by sweet-talks before marriage, but later will change, and women should value themselves, and be proud, and wise.
The theme of the poem describes the 1700 century thoughts and state of women. Men are evil and they don’t respect women, therefore, it’s better for women not to get
married.

Back to top Go down
Sara Al-Subaie

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:25 am

There is no doubt that women in the past had the most terrible treatment especially between the 17th and the 18th century. The women those days didn’t enjoy the freedom like they enjoy today.

In this poem, Mary tells us about her experience about men and how was she treated. The speaker here is trying to explain to us a most important subject that most women suffer from in the past. She is sending us a message filled with courage and patients so we women can deal with these kind of situations. We all know as Muslims that marriage is the best choice but the poet here is against the idea. She has this believe that ones you get married the man gains control on the woman and pressures her. If you ask me I honestly don’t blame her. It is true in the past that women were humiliated and treated like dirt. For sure when she wrote this poem she was so furious and frustrated of the treatment she faced but For me as a Muslim I’d rather let Allah decide if he wants me to do it I’ll go for it.

Sorry 2nd Assignment - Page 2 Icon_cry ….. Too simple but Inshallah it’s useful

J.J. 2nd Assignment - Page 2 Icon_basketball

[/size]
[/size][/b]
Back to top Go down
Reem Al-Qattan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:17 am

Hello this my analysis for poem "to ladies"
The poem talks about the woman and wretched destiny that she lived with the reign of man. The speaker in this poem shows to us the woman as if a something is an objectionable not as a human. Even in her marriage she doesn't take little of her rights. Contrariwise, they steal her freedom. Then, make her as a mute without any acting or saying. Only, serves her husband as if Gad. At this point, I agree with the opinion of speaker in this poem. The women in the seventeen and eighteen century, had little rights compared to the men. The manly society deprived women of the simplest rights such as education, working, and so on. Just, they expected to work as a family setting like homemaker.
There are many of differences and similarities between women's rights in Christianity and Islam. Some of them, Islam guides the woman to the right path. But Christian gives the woman the free opinion even if was a wrong. Second, Islam allows for the woman to work in the field that fit her. Christian allows for the woman to work in any field she likes; even that job doesn't fit her. But education is one of the woman's rights available in Islam and Christian.
In this time, especially, in Islamic Saudi society woman can get lot of rights that missed before. For examples of the difference, in seventeen and eighteen centuries believe that men better than women and they created to serve men. And in those centuries trades with her as a something isn't has any existence. Also, they made woman concentrated in the beauty, lavish attire, food, and textile clothes. But in our Islamic Saudi society believe there is only deference between the man and woman is the gender. Also, they trade with her as human can lives by her dignity. In addition, the woman in the Saudi society concerned by her the religion, education, house, job, and lot of things. However, the similarities between both are not much. One of them, the woman should stays in her home and doesn't go out except for necessary.

Thanks for reading..
flower flower
Back to top Go down
manal Al

PostSubject: 2nd assignment.   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:37 am

Good morning miss, Smile
I think the poem is about the women's life in that time .they are like a servant and their voicing ,opinion and working not important .Also, she talk about women after marriage and called the marriage fatal knot .Another thing that I notice that the men in that time shows only their rigor on women and women must serve and obey their husbands . There is no freedom for them and they fear their husband like God .The speaker is very annoyance that men didn’t know the value of women and I'm with her .

What are the differences/similarities between women's rights in Christianity & Islam?
The difference is Islam command to respect women and deal with them in kindness way.
What are the differences/similarities between women's rights in Christian culture during the 17th/18th centuries & Saudi society today?
I think there is men here in Saudi society see the women like servant Mad .
Back to top Go down
Felowah Mansour Shudid

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:09 am

To The Ladies
This poem talks about wifes at the beginning of the 18th century .At that time, "wife and the servant are the same" the treating of wife was not good .Also, she does not have freedom to say or do any thing . The speaker wants to show as that the woman at that time does not have any right, and she just takes from marriage unhappiness . The speaker is not against the marriage but she is against the treating of wife , and I am agree with her . There are some differences and similarities between women's rights in Christianity & Islam . One of the similarities is, the wife has to respect her husband . In the other hand there are some differences such as, in Islam religion the man has to work and give her wife what she needs but in Christiane religion the man has not, also in Islam the man can divorce his wife but in Christiane the man can not divorce .The woman's rights in Christian culture during the 17th/18th centuries has not any right and she does what her husband ask her to do , but in Saudi society today the man and the woman have to respect each other at the same time the woman has to obey her husband.

Last edited by Felowah Mansour Shudid on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manal Al

PostSubject: 2nd assignment.   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:14 am

Good morning miss Smile ,

I think the poem is about the women's life in that time .they are like a servant and their voicing ,opinion and working not important .Also, she talk about women after marriage and called the marriage fatal knot .Another thing that I notice that the men in that time shows only their rigor on women and women must serve and obey their husbands . There is no freedom for them and they fear their husband like God .The speaker is very annoyance that men didn’t know the value of women and I'm with her .

The difference is Islam command to respect women and deal with them in kindness way.

I think there is men here in Saudi society see the women like servant Smile .

Manal Ali Al-Rashrid.
Back to top Go down
Basma AL- Dhergham

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:31 am

HI .. Smile

The poem is about fiminism; the poet is trying here to send a message to open the eyes of the world, specially the eyes of women. Therefore, the poet is obviously against marriage; she describes it as the nightmare that turns women to be like a Servant and erases all their rights. It turns women to the old Cinderella where marriage is the ultimate goal. They are waiting for a man to take them on a white horse to the land of dreams to live happily ever after. Unfortunately, their reality don't involve a lot of their dreams. After marriage, they are reshaped again to fit to the new position , to follow the dictates, that belittle them, of their patriarch society, and to accept the stereotypes of the society blindly. They are de-valued, de-voiced and trivialized as if their livies don't have a meaning without a man. For me, I strongly agree with her opinion because life is not worth living without freedom. Lady Chudleigh and some writers did actually open the eyes of the world and turn women to the new Cinderella which is the opposite of the old one.

Regarding the differences between women's rights in Christianity & Islam,
our Islam ensures the rights of women & men with their different rules and duties. It treats women as equal as men since 1400 years while Christian society doubts women as being human! Also, if things go wrong between the couples, Islam allows the divorce for their benefit and also ensures women "Al-khula" if they were abused.
Back to top Go down
Manal Al-Rasheid

PostSubject: 2nd assignment.   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:37 am

Good morning miss Smile ,

I think there is men here in Saudi society see the women like servant Mad .

Back to top Go down
Moneirah Al-Wetaid

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:02 am

welcome flower

I like this poem even though it's been very old one. Wink

Wife and Servant are the same,
But only differ in the Name:

These two verses show the great similarity between the servant and wife during that period of time. how woman almost with no rights nothing but obedience.
Neither say, nor opinion, even she had say something no one would pay attention.
The miserable, wretched life she lived with this kind of lows made women hate marriage looked like death. Problem with no solution, prison no way to get out of it
According to the low at that time, she had to treat her husband as a God Indisputably. Afraid of him badly. Obey and serve in spite of her.

What is the poem about?
it's almost about the woman's role in the 17th century
What is the message that the speaker is trying to send?

the speaker is trying to say don't get marreid because if you would you will kill your self

What is her take on marriage?
woman's obiediance to her husband, every thing she does is just as her husband's desire
the marriage was almost death for women

is she with/against it?
it's obvious she's against getting married

Do you agree/disagree with her?
if I lived with her at that time surely I would agree with her
oh, thank God all those things had done

there is a big contrast between them
for e.g women in Islam have the right to be treated as a queen at home

her father, sons and duaghters, brothers and husband. all arround her do respect her and her .rights . Islam made woman almost in heaven before death-in comparing to other religions

oh, thank God I did edit it again (Thnk you teacher Smile

Last edited by Moneirah Al-Wetaid on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lulu alm

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:07 am

The poem ''to the ladies'' is written by Lady Many Chudleigh in the 18 th century. It is about marriage and the women station on the society in this century . the women is weak and unable to do any thing she is controlling by mens . she want people to stop treating women like servant and give her all her rights. she is not against marrige , he don't like the way that the marriage done because she becomes a servent for her husbend and he just give order and never asks a women if she need anything , and I'm agree with here . finaly , she want all women to be proud of herself .

*What are the differences/similarities between women's rights in Christianity & Islam?

- Marriage in islam is fair and the husbant and his wife each one of them complementary the other , and it based on equality , fair , love and mercy .

*What are the differences/similarities between women's rights in Christian culture during the 17th/18th centuries & Saudi society today?

-I think some people here in ksa treat women like servant but not all .

lulu al-muneef 41 Razz
Back to top Go down
Hadeyah Bishi

PostSubject: poem2   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:29 am

Hadeyah Bishi
The poem about status of woman for man in 18century. The wife in that time like servant there are no different between them just the name. she must obey husband said like an Eastern prince in his fierce. She fear her husband as her god and nothing act and say but obey. And the speaker said you must be proud, if you'll be wise. I am not agree with her in all of that. Yes, the woman must be obey for her husband and the man also should be the official of woman the relationship between them is love, kind, trust, cooperation for each one rights to another this in Islam Religion. In our culture the woman has freedom in domain of society.
Back to top Go down
al-Haidr

PostSubject: 2nd assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:10 am

"To The Ladies" written by Mary,lady chudleigh talks about persecution of wmen by men during the 17th and 18th centuries.Through these verses,the speaker images to the reader,the suffring that was experienced all the women during those centuries by comparing women as servants but the difference in the surname only.The speaker also mentioned about a lack of freedom and the problems that were alot of women by husband in prticular and men in general in this period.
Back to top Go down
Ohoud Al-amri

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:56 am

Good afternoon
Very Happy

Marriage is normally a new beginning, but the poem
"To the Ladies" by Mary, Lady Chudleigh, shows us
a different story. The speaker here "And never any
freedom take"
is saying that marriage is a death of
any freedom, and that marriage is a bad thing even
though it is just the opposite. Women in that time
did not have the right to make their choices in
anything including marriage. Therefore, we can
clearly see that Chudleigh, the speaker of the
poem, warns women form marriage. She says,
"Value yourself, and me despise" "You must be
proud, if you’ll be wise"
that is the only to be a
wise woman is to be a proud woman, and the
only way to do that is to avoid marriage. Indeed,
she shows us that marriage at that time
was only slavery.

I cannot agree or disagree with her even though
I believe in marriage because to some people it
could be either good or bad thing and it could be
also a bless, but to another is like a nightmare.

What are the differences/similarities between
women's rights in Christianity & Islam?

I think there are no actual women's rights in
Christianity and men are only the ones who
have the power and the rights for everything
unlike Islam who gives men and women
equal rights.

What are the differences/similarities between
women's rights in Christian culture during the
17th/18th centuries & Saudi society today?

There are, unfortunately, some of men who
believe that women were created to serve
them only and they have no rights to be
educated or even to make their own choices.
I think that is exactly the most similarity
between women's rights in Christian
culture during the 17th/18th centuries
& Saudi society today.

flower
Back to top Go down
Hala AL-Sayed

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:13 am

This poem talk about women who warning others women of marragie.and as we know it written in 18th centrey were there is no any kind of respect or women's right .they were just like servant .they lived their live just to obey and do whatever men want. The speaker in the poem says that marriage at that time was the end of life and freedom and divorce wasn't allowed.and the way to get out that marriage is death. The massage of the poem is that women should have their rights and on one has the right to control them . They must be respected especially in marrage.i really do agree with her because marriage is like a whole lifetime .it all about sharing everything. So, you can't just give everything you have and Sacrifice with all life without take anything in return. Now in Christianity women have more than freedom but they use it in bad way .they can't do anything they want without any limits .however ,in the same time they still unrespectable and treated without any consideration to their feeling. Islam gives women all their rights .it draws a line for them what they should do and do not. There's no any kind of comparison between the women's right between Christian and Saudi society .although women's right wasn't as much as obvious right now in the Saudi socaity, but it never reached that level in Christian.
Back to top Go down
Hayat Al Waily

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 am

Hello Embarassed

first of all before reading ,i like the subject " To the ladies" and i think the poem specific to women . After reading
i think the lady author want to show the women situation in 18th century . The woman situation in that time is so bad , no Views
no rights. She was a Servant but in different name . The author started in Explain the woman days and descibe her relationship
with her husband .there weren't any of respect for her Humanitarian.

about differences,similarities between women's rights in Christianity & Islam , i don't have alot of information about
christian woman rights before but from my reading to this poem . i had a point there are no rights for them like all socity before
islam . islam started there rules with respect woman . she has all the right she likes the man . islam pride the woman.about our socity
today it's islamic socity so woman have all her rights.
Back to top Go down
maha al-otaibi

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:01 am

Hi , how are you girls?
bounce

"To the ladies" is written by Lady Mary Chuldes in 17th century .That mean, the poem about ladies in this century. So the speaker show this poem as warring to women who are not yet married and as show of regret to those who are. And she describes wife and her life with husband. the message she is trying to convey is weakened because we expect this type of servitude from a slave in 1703. And she against because a wife will lose her freedom if she commit to marriage.

I am feeling agree with her because they are only search about personality interest and no feeling for a wife .

they are differences between Christianity and Islam ,
the Islam is middle religions for people and mercy to human been , Allah said:
ومن ءايته أن خلق لكم من أنفسكم أزوجا لتسكنوا أليها وجعل بينكم مودة ورحمة إن في ذلك لآيات لقوم يتفكرونAnd among His sings is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect. That show , any man and women after marriage ,they are will be came between them love , affection and mercy. And the Christianity no love on mercy like she animal or nothing for man.

Wow this question feeling me angry.
Yes, they have big similarities..the man only eating ,sleeping then go outside play with his friend and then go to bed , and he misunderstand ,no feeling for his wife ,but any problems for wife. I think women like servant, she doing every thing for him but he doesn’t care, especially for society in Saudi .they are must to be change the mind to caring and feeling for women..
Thank you …..

afro scratch
Back to top Go down
Lama AL_Marshed

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 am

Very Happy Good evining
This poem about a bad marriage in different culture and religion in seventeen centuray
So, the main theme is why men is evil ,and why woman should not marry them.
The speaker compeers wife to servant as equal as trade. So, the speaker used to focus that
how man see woman without honor. To show that man has prestige unlike woman.
What is the massage that the speaker is trying to send?
The massage that the speaker want to sent marriage is death of any freedom .
What is he take on marriage? is she with legalism?
I think she is not with legalism because, she use the word Obey which mention to the traditional marriage service.
Do you agree or disagree with her?
I am disagree with speaker.
What is the differences'/similarities between women (Christian Culture) during the 17-th_18-th?
The difference in the past during 17-th-18-th century
Marriage like jail she should obey her husband forever . In other word; she must obey her husband until she death .
But today there is many suitable solution if she does not gave more to her husband like divorce.
What are the different / similarities between woman ( Islam _Christian)
I do not find similarities in marriage in Islam _Christian.
But the different in Islam woman has( human rights) .For that. Women and men are equity
They have the same job in them family.
rendeer

Last edited by Lama AL_Marshed on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deemah Al-Draie

PostSubject: ---   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:34 am

hey What a Face

In this poem, the speaker tries to show us the idea of Christian women in the 17th &18 century .They turned women as a machine when she must obey her husband, take care of her home, and she must work all the time with no discussion. When she marriage, her fear will be grown because she will govern by a god not by a husband and they will treat their wives in a cruel way with out any emotions which will effect on their wives badly. From all above, we can notice the differences between women in Christian and women in Islam. In Islam, They have the right to educate, they obey their husband in a logical way, their husbands treat them in a very nice way, and they have their own opinion unlike Christian women. Actually, I agree with the poets because Christian men put the women in the Margins. Women never been in the center ,they are in the place of the servants ,also I agree with the massage that she tries to convey to readers to be wise women and to value them selves in order to be a free from men's authority.
Back to top Go down
Monearah

PostSubject: Second project   2nd Assignment - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:36 am

Hi girls 2nd Assignment - Page 2 Icon_wink
This poem "to the ladies" is written by Lady Mary chudleig
In 17th century. The poet talks about married women in 17th century, women's rights and compares between wife, and servant, and difference just in name Women must to be obey their husbands like servant. I against marriage when women to be like servant just obey their husband and do not give them all of their rights so lose freedom, love and confidence

What are the differences and similarities between women's rights in Christianity, and Islam?

Women in Islam give them all of their rights but in Christianity do not give all rights

*What are the differences and similarities between women's rights in Christian culture during the 17th centuries and Saudi society today?

Women's in Islam have freedom; love and confidence while in Christianity lose freedom and love.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Assignment   2nd Assignment - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2nd Assignment
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next