poetry4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

poetry4

introduction to poetry - level 4

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

4th Assignment

Go down 
+55
maha al-otaibi
Nuha Abdoallah
Asma Al-mashan
Al-Annod Al-Sayary
Ashjan Al-suliman
Reem Al-Anazi
Haila AL-Obaieed
Hala AL-Sayed
Hayat Al Waily
Maram Al-Numair
Ahad Al-Fahad
Hadeyah Bishi
Maha K. Al Dreweesh
Sarah Al-Homidi
Basma AL- Dhergham
Dalal Al-moghanam
Felowah Mansour Shudid
haya
Anfal Al-Modarraa'
Manal Al-Rasheid
Shaikha Al-Habshan
Manal Al-Hagbani
Safih Al-Sahli
Reem Al-Qattan
Huda Al-dosari
Ohoud Al-amri
Moneirah Al-Wetaid
Lamia AL Nuaim
Sarah Abu Habib
Betoul Ali Al-Mahmoud
Nawal Al-Fadhel
Monearah Othman Al-Othman
Norah Al-madi
Sumayah AL-Ghailan
Najla Al-Osaimi
Abeer Al-Shaibani
أزهار المسكين
Maram Al-Budya
may Al-mutiri
Ahlam Al-otaibi
Al-Anood Al-Mudemmeg
Ohoud Al-Ameel
Anwar Al-Baqmi
Amjad Al-majed
Nouf Al-Mutairy
Ruba Al_Hebs
Hana Al-Akeel
Noura Al-Ajlan
Walaa.Al-ghamdi
Hala AL-Turki
Moneerah AL-Hantoush
Monira Al-Otaibi
Sarah Al-Khazzi
Areej Ali AL-Qahtani
Mrs. Ohoud
59 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mrs. Ohoud
Admin

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Hello lovely ladies,

I'm sorry I couldn't edit my post this time for there is a problem with the forum. Anyway, this topic will also be open for three weeks. Do not wait until the last two days to post your comments as usual, please.

Hope is the Thing with Feathers

By Emily Dickinson

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chilliest land
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
Back to top Go down
https://poetry4.ahlamontada.com
Areej Ali AL-Qahtani

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:30 am

no problem Mrs..Ohoud
4th Assignment Icon_biggrin 4th Assignment Icon_smile
this is your jobe u can put it any time if u want. 4th Assignment Icon_razz 4th Assignment Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
IBTIHAL

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:25 pm

This poem tells the story of the magnificence of hope and optimism and to consider rationally, love and hope for life no matter what storms blew and increased life worse there will be a way out for sure .. We must not surrender to the difficulties that confront us and deal wisely with life's troubles to live up our lives and live up our moral life and live happily if we do not get a crumb, but a channel as the poet said: (

I think I deserve an extra mark is not it * _ ^
Back to top Go down
Sarah Al-Khazzi

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Hello,

Hope is a bright shining light which gives you a reason to live. The poem "Hope is a thing with feathers" by, Emily Dickinson. The poem expresses the idea of hope in the spirit of a bird. Hope let us fly and sing like what the speaker implies. Also, the speaker shows that life is hard and everyone would face difficult moments in his/her life. Even though, we should not lose hope. Pain is a hard feeling which we face sometimes, but with hope we can fight it. And some people give up hope so easily with a moment of anger or a moment full of depression. Through this poem, the speaker advice us that we should never lose hope and we should live a life full of hope.
Back to top Go down
Monira Al-Otaibi

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:44 pm

This poem Hope is the Thing with Feathers written By Emily Dickinson.~}}
The main theme of this poem is hope...// This shows how optimistic she was, unlike Louis MacNeice in the previous poem .

At the beginning of the poem Emily Dickinson gives us a general definition for the word HOPE .~ْْْ
It s a high feeling in the soul,,~>> as a bird which singing the wonderful twitter ,using the tune without words.
And this tune wont stop at all ,it will be continue.~ْْْ
{{..We need hope in both good time and hard one .but mostly in difficult time.
This hope makes the bird warm in the storm ,,,// I think he refers to us ..hope makes us warm~ْْْ
~ In the hard storm of this life ..if you have a lot of problems or facing hard time~>>> you need hope in order to over come this problem..// this what she means of being warm in the storm..~ْْْ
When she feels so cold she thinks of the chilliest land and the strangest sea ... this is the hope ….which makes her satisfies even if she will live just with a crumb., .~ْْْ

Done ~}}}

Last edited by Monira Al-Otaibi on Thu May 06, 2010 2:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Moneerah AL-Hantoush

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:55 am

Hello to all the ladies. 4th Assignment Icon_cheers

I hope you all have a good exam. 4th Assignment Icon_study 4th Assignment Icon_smile

The poem "Hope is the Thing with Feathers" is by Emily

Dickinson. The speaker shows the importance of hope in our

lifes and how it make our days better and also get through

the next day.She said that we need hope in our difficult

times and also in sweet and good times. I like when she said

that hope is what make a bird powerful and strong enough

to fly in a storm. Ialso think that when she ever felt sad or in

a bad mood, she immidiatly think of the chillist land and the

stranest sea which make her more hopefull and wants to fly

so far to reach what she ever want to succes. In my opinion,

I think she is right and we should hold our hopes very tightly

and not give up very quickly. 4th Assignment Icon_biggrin I think I am going to take
her advice and so you should. 4th Assignment Icon_biggrin 4th Assignment Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Hala AL-Turki

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi everyone ,

The poem talk about hope and optimism in life . In this poem , the poet sends a message to readers that they should be optimistic in their life and stand in the face of difficulties and challenges such as the bird that defies storms and wind despite the existence of hardship in that . Also , hope make human like a birds flying in the sky . The optimist looks at the life is positive , despite the presence of all the challenges and difficulties faced by any human being in his life . Finally , the hope is that makes us continue to work and that makes our life worth living .

Addition :

I watched video about how to become optimistic and I liked it

I put here and I hope you enjoy it

Back to top Go down
Walaa.Al-ghamdi

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: My comment on the fourth poem   4th Assignment EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:52 am

"Hope is the thing with feathers" is a poem written by Emily Dickinson. The speaker who is the poet compares a bird to the idea of hope through a metaphor in the first stanza of the poem. In the second stanza, she uses the imagery of a bird to describe the hope. Both structure and words of the poem are simple but the idea of the hope in the poem is very far. The major theme the poem is that in the human heart, hope endures, defeating despair despite overwhelming circumstances. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Noura Al-Ajlan

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:44 am

Hi miss <3
Hi girlz

This is my comment

The poem "Hope is the Thing with Feathers" is by Emily Dickinson.This poem described hope and optimism in the life of the people. The speaker sends a message of this poem that the people should be optimistic in life and have hope to continue their lives without trouble and without stopping in the confrontation of difficulties and problems. He described the people to be a bird confrontation the wind and storms when flying and had hope and optimism and fly to reach it. And also says that optimistic outlook on life seen as positive, despite the difficulties addressed. Hope is what makes the human to continue in his life and makes us aspire to live and work in life. This poem interesting and useful, make people prepare for work again if they lost everything.

I really like this poem ,and I hope my comment is good .
Back to top Go down
Hana Al-Akeel

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:15 am

The speaker is comparing hope to a bird, which is a symbol of freedom, and she's describing how it sings into the soul, it's a metaphor for happiness because hope brings happiness into our souls in our darkest moments like someone singing without words, no one can stop this bird from singing and it can be found everywhere "in the chilliest land" and "on the strangest sea" and that bird of hope asks nothing for return.
Back to top Go down
Ruba Al_Hebs

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:14 am

.......... What makes a person keep trying? To Emily Dickinson, it is the gift inside the soul, any soul, apart from race, gender, religion or anything. It is the magical thing that does things beyond ordinary. It is the thing that sings without words ... endlessly. It is the sweetest sound you can here in a gale, in a plague where you have nothing to hold to. Something has the power to make even a bird blush and to make a lot feel secure and warm. It is in the empty lands, on the unfamiliar seas; it is, simply, everywhere. And, shockingly, it never asks for anything in return, not even in the darkest days. It is "The thing with feathers" without which nobody would make it through one day, no one would survive. Hope.

P.S:
All right, so the poem draws a perfect picture of hope but I think "The thing with feathers" describes freedom better than hope, don't you think so colleagues?

When I first read the title, freedom pumped immediately to my mind even though the word "hope" was included! I'm not questioning the poem here; it's just something I want to say.

Last edited by Ruba Al_Hebs on Tue May 11, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Thanks Ms., I'm glad it gained ur approbation, means alot ^^)
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Ohoud
Admin

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:48 am

Ibtihal and Sarah Kh.,

A big hug for you because you posted your comments before the mid-term

flower flower flower flower

Moneera O., Moneera H., Hala, Walaa, Noura and Hanan,

Thank you for posting your comments during the first week.

flower flower

Ruba,

Excellent observation Wink

Hala,

Thank you for the video. I hope it helps everybody become more optimistic Smile .
Back to top Go down
https://poetry4.ahlamontada.com
Areej Ali AL-Qahtani

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi dears 4th Assignment Icon_biggrin
Hi Mrs.ohuod 4th Assignment Icon_bounce
This is my comment, 4th Assignment Icon_jokercolor 4th Assignment Icon_geek
Here the speaker in this poem "Hope is the Thing with Feathers" written by Emily Dickens
First, the speaker used metaphor of hope such thing that has feathers.
Birds have feathers. It represents peace and freedom.
Second, hope it feels like the bird in the sky to fly freely without restrictions.
Here, the speaker in this poem represents the importance of having hope in the lives of human beings to continue life.

In my opinion Hope is the food of human beings in this life.
Back to top Go down
Nouf Al-Mutairy

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:20 pm

The poem wants to ask everyone if you have not enough resources?
If you have not enough resources then there is no problem because if have hope then everything is possible to be done. Hope make us do a lot of things in the most difficult conditions. Simply he say that hope just like freedom of the feathers in the space and provide the person with the self-confidence. Once you have hope you can do everything without anything like the bird when it sings without words which are the main factor of any song. And hope make you feel familiar with different places with different condition which clearly make you adapted in everywhere with everything.
Smile
Back to top Go down
asma al-

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:22 pm

"Hope is the thing with feathers " written in 1861 by Emily Dickinson,it is a lyric poetry that talks about hope wich is mentioned in the title metaphorically as a thing with feathers like a bird, that flys so high.

we understand from the poem that hope provides the soul with many positive things,it makes the soul very high, and sings with tune but no words,wich makes it more pleasure-full ,and hope will never stop,it is continuing till the end of time.

With hope!every thing turn out positivly, even bad things like a gale ,chill land or strange sea.

However,hope dose not ask so may things. Do nothing,but have some faith, hope and optimism.
Back to top Go down
Amjad Al-majed

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:18 am

Hope is a Thing With Feathers poem is written by Emily Dickinson.Speaker talks about hope and describes hope as a bird with feathers.When you read this poem in the first time what comes to your mind that whoever or wherever you are there is a hope.In the first stanza,speaker describes hope .He says that hope is like bird with feathers.It can fly in any place. This bird also perches in the soul and sings all the time.In the second stanza,speaker talks about hope again.He says that the sweetest thing is when hear the voice of hope in the Gale.That voice keeps so many warm .In the last stanza,he says that he hears that voice in the chillest land and on the strangest Sea.That means hope is always around him. This poem encourages people to be optimistic.Finally,the message in this poem is there is no loss with hope.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anwar Al-Baqmi

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: poetry   4th Assignment EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:16 am

good evening,

Hope is the thing with feathers " written in 1861 by Emily Dickinson .The speaker describes hope as a bird The song of hope sounds sweetest .also,.the speaker used metaphor of hope such thing that has feathers .Hope is a free gift. It exists for all of us. All we must do is not clip the wings of hope and let it fly and sing freely.

in my opinion life without hope can not any someone live in sweet life .
Back to top Go down
lulu alm

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:27 pm

The poem "Hope is the Thing with Feathers" is by Emily Dickinson. It is lyric poem talking about feeling of the speaker . she is optimestic and talking about about hope . she compare hope as a bird with feathers . she want every one to fly and to sing even every one will face defficult in his live , but must not Surrender .and when we feel sad we the hope will replace it . finally , we must not surrender easly because hope is around us in every place .
The language is simple , and there are metaphors .the tone is happy.
I'm agree with her that evry one should not be pessimistic , and we must hope and do not give up easly . thes poem have a Beneficial advice which is have a live full of hope and happyness.

lulu al-muneef
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Ohoud Al-Ameel

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:22 am

hi everyone

the pome "Hope is the Thing with Feathers" is written by Emily Dickinson.The first , the speark tallks about the importance of hope in our life and he describes the hope like a bird.Also, He describes the hope in our life which makes us fly,sing and happy. In addition , he shows how much the hope gives us the power to facing all difficulties in our life like bird powerful and strong to fly in a storm. Beside that , he advices us to be very hopeful and optimistic in life .

flower
Back to top Go down
Al-Anood Al-Mudemmeg

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:35 am

Hi evryone , i hope you are fine Embarassed

This poem "Hope is the Thing with Feathers" written By Emily Dickinson is talk about hope and optimistic. The persona shows the important of hope in our life and how it is optimistic. She described the people to be a bird they can fly in any place. She also, want people to fly and sing. In addition, the speaker advice that we should never lose hope and we should live a life with full of hope. Finally, I like this poem so mush Wink

Thanx flower
Back to top Go down
sultana

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:09 am

'hope is thing with feather' this poem written by Emily Dickinson talk about hope and show us the important thing we have to keep it in our life that is hope the implies that hope has the ability to take us up, or to a wondrful palece full of Happiness.hope is an expectaion of unrealized whether hope leaves us into despair or shows happy deals. The birds have feathers that are able to fly upward Smile Smile [center][b]
Back to top Go down
Ahlam Al-otaibi

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:03 am

" Hope is the Thing with Feathers " a poem about hope

in the 1st stanza
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

the poet describes hope as a bird which fly so high that will reach the deepest places in your soul and your heart.
doesn't need words to effect you because its tune will be sang for ever without stopping.

2nd stanza:
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

she is saying that hope will be heard in th storm ( in the difficult situations) hope warm us; save us from despair

3rd stanza:
I've heard it in the chilliest land
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

the poet tells us that she heard it in every place in this world no matter where are you what country you are from you will feel hope. hope reach you without a permission

the poet indicates the importance of hope - that we take it for granted- in saving us from desperation, hope don't care for our race, religion, or where are we from.
Back to top Go down
may Al-mutiri

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:00 am

Hi every one,
This poem is a wonderful poem, it talks about hope in the hole live and how can it make your live butter , and how to see the live from positive way. she compeer the hope with bird this beautiful animal. The speaker want to show us how beautiful is the hope and it can take you around the world. Also, it have a great song with out words, she means the hope when it make you feel butter so take her advice and make the hope your beast friend
Back to top Go down
Maram Al-Budya

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi everybody, 4th Assignment Clip_image001

Hope is the Thing with Feathers
by: Emily Dickinson

This poem talks about hope. It dscribe the hope like the bird that has feathers, and the bird that sings without words.It has freedom in the life,the bird that has happiness and optimistic. Bird is a symbol of freedom, it is a good thing in our life. The person should be optimistic in the life. Hope remains light a candle left to light our way, despite the intensity of the dark
Back to top Go down
أزهار المسكين

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:57 pm

In the first stanza, “Hope is the Thing With Feathers,” Dickinson uses the metaphorical image of a bird to describe the abstract idea of hope. Hope, of course, is not an animate thing, it is inanimate, but by giving hope feathers, she begins to create an image hope in our minds. The imagery of feathers conjures up hope in itself. Feathers represent hope because feathers enable you to fly and offer the image of flying away to a new hope, a new beginning. In contrast, broken feathers or a broken wing grounds a person, and conjures up the image of needy person who has been beaten down by life. Their wings have been broken and they no longer have the power to hope.
In the second stanza, “That perches in the soul,” Dickinson continues to use the imagery of a bird to describe hope. Hope, she is implying, perches or roosts in our soul. The soul is the home for hope. It can also be seen as a metaphor. Hope rests in our soul the way a bird rests on its perch.
In the third stanza,

And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.
Dickinson uses the imagery of a bird’s continuous song to represent eternal hope. Birds never stop singing their song of hope. cheers geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4th Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Assignment   4th Assignment Empty

Back to top Go down

4th Assignment
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next